WRXtuners Member

jchristo is an unknown
im diggin the NRA plates!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 Old 07-13-2007, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

vagrantidol is an unknown
Yea that hobby is bigger than my tuning hobby, which is why my car is slowly progressing to where i want it to be. That and the cops seem to give me more leeway, don't wanna piss off a gun totin redneck, haha.
post #18 of 28 Old 07-15-2007, 12:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

jchristo is an unknown
haha, i totally need those.
post #19 of 28 Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

slipknot9mt is an unknown
ti-c

I had the Ti-C put on this past friday (cat-back) and I have it with the silencer out. I have 2 main concerns with it, A: with the silencer out, i think it's pretty loud. and B: in the rear, using the stock exhaust hangers, it's rubbing on the control arm. I ordered some longer exhaust hangers from kartboy which I hope will take care of that.
post #20 of 28 Old 07-17-2007, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Bandit is an unknown
I just installed my TI-C a few days ago. It was real easy as you can see from the other posts. Definately need new hangers, such as kartboy. The exhaust sounds so nice. I don't think it's too loud without the silencer, however I have not put the silencer in it. Love the deep boxer rumble!!!
post #21 of 28 Old 07-24-2007, 04:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

ryan123456 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I just installed my TI-C a few days ago. It was real easy as you can see from the other posts. Definately need new hangers, such as kartboy. The exhaust sounds so nice. I don't think it's too loud without the silencer, however I have not put the silencer in it. Love the deep boxer rumble!!!

anyone has a video for this exhaust ??? is the Greddy Ti-C jus came out couple months ago?? or it been out for a while...
u think the extra long Kartboy Exhaust Hangers should be good? how many hanger do u need ? sorry im askin too much
post #22 of 28 Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Bandit is an unknown
I believe it just came out a few months ago, but don't quote me on that. I was just surfing the net and saw it, I knew that was what I wanted personally. At the moment I have no sound clips, however if you go to you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9X9eLZWMYk there is a sound clip/video slightly muffled though. Sounds much better in person. Yes you do need new hangers, stock ones will cause the exhaust to rub, you need four total, I used kartboy which worked fine. Good luck!!
post #23 of 28 Old 07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

ryan123456 is an unknown
Quote:
I believe it just came out a few months ago, but don't quote me on that. I was just surfing the net and saw it, I knew that was what I wanted personally. At the moment I have no sound clips, however if you go to you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9X9eLZWMYk there is a sound clip/video slightly muffled though. Sounds much better in person. Yes you do need new hangers, stock ones will cause the exhaust to rub, you need four total, I used kartboy which worked fine. Good luck!!

thanks for the info alot...
one last question..i jus wanna make sure....i went to kartboy website. and they have total 3 different kind of hangers.
Standard Length
2005 & Up Legacy Kit
Extra Long

which one would u recommend ?
thanks again
post #24 of 28 Old 07-24-2007, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Bandit is an unknown
I got my hangers form Oakos.com. Set of four in black part/code # KB-011 for $30 with free shipping.
post #25 of 28 Old 07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

ryan123456 is an unknown
Quote:
I got my hangers form Oakos.com. Set of four in black part/code # KB-011 for $30 with free shipping.

that's the regular one. not the long one right??
post #26 of 28 Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

THR3E11EVEN is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to THR3E11EVEN
was there a reason you were going to get new hangers? for some exhausts you'd want the long hangers because it sits too high to the bumper.

Dub-R-X
post #27 of 28 Old 07-25-2007, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Bandit is an unknown
I believe so.
post #28 of 28 Old 07-25-2007, 08:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

vagrantidol is an unknown
I used kartboys extra long hangers. I bought four but only used 3. I used the three supporting the muffler while the one where the resonator used to be I just stretched out the stock one because I couldn't get the extra long to fit in there. You need the hangers not only for more clearance but also to help clear the exhaust from the RCA mounting bracket. With stock hangers mine rubbed so I had to constantly pull the exhaust away from it. I used stock hangers for about 5k miles and there is a very slight bumper burn, although I still need massage that out. The pics i posted earlier are with the stock hangers, but i will try to get a pic with the kartboys posted soon. And as for the vid, as soon as i remember to get ahold of a better camera because my outdated digi has no sound on video.