Got my Perrin MBC! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
Got my Perrin MBC!

I didnt realize how tiny this thing is! Its very solid and well built and has a little weight to it which is reasuring, but its tiny none the less. Ill be installing it today, but hopefully ill be able to adjust it accuratly..or at all seeing how my clutch is still slippn. My pedal does feel like jello so im gona go ahead and bleed it just to make sure its acctually the clutch and not just some stupid problem.

kinda went off topic there...

Ill be sure to post pics of the installed mbc.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-07-2010, 05:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
DO NOT INSTALL IT...unless you are getting tuned immediately...MBC's do not control boost the same way as a BCS...you risk damaging your car using it un-tuned because of partial throttle full boost

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

ok..so i installed it and it just stayed at 11-15psi the entire time. even though my map is set for 19. to be honest this was a terrible purchase on my part. ill just post it on craigs list or something. welp, there goes $85 down the drain.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
#4 Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
you could always return it

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#5 Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Way to research a part before you buy it man. You have been a member for how long, and this is your second subaru? Come on now, like Matt said return it. Or save it tull you can get tuned with it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Way to research a part before you buy it man. You have been a member for how long, and this is your second subaru? Come on now, like Matt said return it. Or save it tull you can get tuned with it.
+1, return it. Get the preferred boost control of your tuner, before you get another turn. My tuner prefers Hallman MBCs when it comes to MBCs. Says they are more accurate, easier to tune, and just better than the Perrin MBC. But, a member since 2007...shameful.
#7 Old 09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

i know right? shame on me for being so reckless. The ONLY thing i didnt bother to research on and this happens. I usually do all my research for a long time before i think about buying anything. Welp theres no use crying over it, its posted on craigslist in my area. but i guess later on if it doesnt sell ill just tune with it in the future. Ill just be sure to research products in the future before i blindly buy them.

-10 on my part for carelessness...

Keshav (kay-shuv)
#8 Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
There's nothing wrong with running a hybrid boost control setup though... It tends to work better overall.

Just get a good 3-port and keep the mbc, and then get a tune.

-Chris
#9 Old 01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

prescottn6ft7 is an unknown
Help

I know this is a dead topic but I found it through search. I am a total newbie, but have a big problem already. the 2005 wrx I just bought has a perrin mbc installed and I know it has never been tuned. I didn't receive any of the oem parts when I bought the car... where can I find the oem stuff that runs from the flange below the throttle body to the wastegate actuator? I don't even know what it would be called.
#10 Old 01-03-2011, 12:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Don't go into boost.
#11 Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Pics of what your talking about in your other post would help. Are you talking about the rubber hoses? That go to the BCS?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae