Good Setup? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-11-2009, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

91EF919 is an unknown
Good Setup?

I just got my 2006 wrx, and want more power. I was going to get a helix catless dp after the dp i was going to get the QTP cutout and run the stock exhaust so when i drive it normal it would be quiet but when i race i will open it up. I was going to get the CObb em. I dont really know much about the cobb em and how it works. I was a honda guy and now just got into subaru. How does the Cobb work, and what stage whould i be at. and will it run bad with the stock exhaust with that tune when driving normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-11-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

91EF919 is an unknown
or would it be better for me just to forget about the cutout and just get a tbe exhaust like an n1 with a 3" dp and a cobb em. Will that be better and will everything fit right?
post #3 of 5 Old 10-11-2009, 01:34 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
The Cobb EM is super easy. If you are interested on it, go to the Cobb website and read the manual and look at their map notes:cobb . wrx accessport . map listing Its recommended to get the EM first, especially on the 06-07 WRX Another good thing to read is:Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 5 Old 10-11-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

91EF919 is an unknown
thanks a lot i dont know much about subaru i am a honda guy getting out of that scene when they stole my car
post #5 of 5 Old 10-11-2009, 05:31 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I can understand that. The unabombers manifesto is more of a tuning/modding guide. And that link from Cobb just shows the "notes" or modifications required to run their OTS maps. Another thing about the Cobb is all the features it has. I have been running since I have had my car, srom stage 1 to the custom map I have on it for my 20G. If you have trouble finding something you are trying to look or understand, feel free to ask though, thats why we are here.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"