is godspeed good? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-27-2010, 04:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

eronenris is an unknown
is godspeed good?

is godspeed a good brand name for subie parts?..because the price difference is huge so it makes me wonder if they are so cheap because they are crap or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
I used their TMIC for a few years and it was well made and fit right, but there are lots of cheap decent intercoolers out there. Don't know about their other parts. What are you looking at ?
#3 Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Godspeed is the single worst trash on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
I used their TMIC for a few years and it was well made and fit right, but there are lots of cheap decent intercoolers out there.
Sure there are. You can buy a TurboXS TMIC for $600. That cheaper stuff is junk.
#4 Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

eronenris is an unknown
i just want a tbe, upgraded intercooler (havent decided if i want front mount yet), intake, bov and a stage 2 tune...im trying to hit about 350hp.
#5 Old 10-28-2010, 11:29 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
350 to the wheels? Not going to happen on a stage 2 tune. Crank, its possible. Just remember you do usually get what you pay for. Not saying you have to go out and get the most expensive parts, but usually when its too good to be true, it usually is with these cars.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

eronenris is an unknown
oh no no...i want 350 to the crank about 260 to the wheels
#7 Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eronenris View Post
oh no no...i want 350 to the crank about 260 to the wheels
That stuff won't get you that far either. Pass on the FMIC and pass on anything with Godspeed's name on it. 350 crank is roughly 280 whp. But again, those mods won't even get you 260.
#8 Old 10-28-2010, 11:36 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
With an upgraded intercooler and an agressive stage 2 tune you can get those numbers depending on dyno. But would be best to also upgrade fuel pump and injectors also, but still no gurantee to get those numbers. Thats asking a good bit out of the stock turbo. But you could look into a used vf 39/43 off an STI, that should get you there with minimal parts, time and money.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 10-28-2010, 11:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

eronenris is an unknown
where would i look for one of those...and what price are they usually?
#10 Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 AM

Nasioc.com, sometimes here in our classifieds or even craigslists. Price usually runs a few hundred depending on how many miles. Most will say theres a crack in the housing, which is a none thing to happen, but doesnt affect anything.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#11 Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

eronenris is an unknown
#12 Old 10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Ask him how many miles are on the turbo... that's a nice charger.... What kind of FMIC is it ?

And you should still be ok with the injectors on your car if you slap that in. A new pump is probably a good idea.

BTW... how many feet above sea level are you ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#13 Old 10-28-2010, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

eronenris is an unknown
im in utah.

what kind of pump? a fuel pump?
#14 Old 10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Don't get that FMIC.

No offense eronenris, but you're clearly in over your head. NEVER modify past your understanding. Research research research. When you think you know what you're doing, research again. I would be surprised if in the next 6 months you were (in my perception) ready for a turbo upgrade.
#15 Old 10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

eronenris is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Don't get that FMIC.

No offense eronenris, but you're clearly in over your head. NEVER modify past your understanding. Research research research. When you think you know what you're doing, research again. I would be surprised if in the next 6 months you were (in my perception) ready for a turbo upgrade.
i know alot about everything other than turbos my speed6 was my first turbo car and i never really took it apart to figure it out so i dont know much about turbos and internals of turbos and such but i know about all the connecting parts...and i can easily take apart anything and put it back together im good with my hands.