Gauge install on Tanabe DP - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-05-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
Gauge install on Tanabe DP

Okay if this is in the wrong spot I apoligize but here goes, I have been reading on these threads quite a bit on AFR and EGT installs. So I have found useful info but I have a paticular question on a tanabe DP which I currently have installed on my car with medallion concept g blue exhaust so basically a full TBE. As it states on the website from tanabe.

Tanabe Racing Development, USA - Performance Downpipe

It states that the DP has a built in EGT bung that is located in the first paragraph....?

A picture of the DP and the bung seems to be where it bolts on wastegate housing.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/exhausts/files/237_img2.jpg

My question is can this be used for the EGT gauge? I plan to use an autometer cobalt digital as for the AFR an Innovate Wideband O2 gauge with the LC1. Or would I be able to use this for the AFR? Or is the website not accurate for a 07 wrx application and would I have to get separtate welds of bungs. Egt going into the drivers side stock header tap. As for the AFR from my understanding put 6-8 inches away from the turbo away from the DP on the UPpipe? Sorry for the noob question I am just trying to get everthing in order before I go to the shop to have in down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
Okay I figured out where to tap in for the EGT completely. Can I use that Bung on the DP for AFR gauge Wideband O2 Sensor or Do I have to go on the uppipe sorry a little confused.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
I talked to Turbo from SubarUnited and tends to think what I have been reading that the bung on the DP is for an wide band 02 sensor. Why Tanabe would say it is EGT bung I don't know maybe error in typing.

I plan to tap the EGT bung at the drivers side exhaust manifold bottom cylinder. I would try to get a camera and do a write up of a EGT, Wideband, boost, and tach shift light install if any are interested.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-10-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
Just an update I called Tanabe USA and they said that the bung is an EGT probe bung. Had to give them a serial number just to get that info from them. LOL well They said that they needed it to indentify my paticular TBE like they are all custome made, well either way it does me no good I will be Welding a AFR bung soon and doing a write up on it. Stay tuned!