FMIC Question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-21-2007, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06WRI is an unknown
Question FMIC Question

What is the major differences between these $200 ebay kits and the big name brand ones costing over $1000? And is the difference big enough to justify the big cost difference? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-21-2007, 04:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

mystilexzero is an unknown
not sure on how they perform on a wrx sorry im still being introduced to this world =) but ill let you know for dsm's i have one and alot of my buddies do as well as many other members on dsmtuners and so far all they are all really good stuff if your not going for over 500hp applications. Try not to go too far into ebay stuff and 200 dollars sounds a bit iffy, the whole piece has to be good quality not juse the core itself, you can blow your engine if you have a boost leak or even if one of your intercooler hoses pops out due to cheap silicone couplers!

Try to find a nice core and buy the piping seperately or buy a good whole unit but i will warn you now...

THEY ARE ALL NOT PERFECT, big brands are basiclly to make things ALOT easier, sometimes with ebay kits you CANNOT cut corners, you have to modify it SOMETIMES but not always, it really depends on which one you buy and how much money you are really willing to spend. idealy i would try to spend half as much as a brand name unless there is a really good deal =)
post #3 of 5 Old 08-21-2007, 07:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

lovemy07 is an unknown
Most of what i have seen from Ebay is fitment issues, like the TMIC, it's huge!!! But it doesn't fit, you gotta move and bend stuff around. And you can forget trying to use strut tower bars. I have the TurboXS FMIC, and it fits nice, there was a little cutting involved, of course but it went together smoothly.

Joe
post #4 of 5 Old 08-23-2007, 04:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

mystilexzero is an unknown
aww man i didnt know if i used an ebay tmic i couldnt run a strut tower bar! well i should have guessed that from the start, stupid me, sorry back on subject, yes ebay kits always have fitament issues and deals alot with cutting, sometimes even rewelding different pipes on to be honest, depends on how clean and short you want your piping to be, you dont want a kit that came with zig zag piping that goes all the way around your engine bay now =)
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I've seen people reuse their strut tower bars w/ an ebay tmic. It depends which ic you get. Some are 4" thick, some are 4.5". It should fit over the 4" ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement