Finally Upgraded to the Sti - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-09-2009, 12:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Finally Upgraded to the Sti

Hey everbody been a member for a while and had an 02 Wrx. Just got a killer deal on a repoed 05 Sti with 30,000 miles for 17,000. Damn good deal. Has all the beginner mods and some more serious ones like hydra and meth. So stoked I will post pics soon literally got it right after work and have been driving and grinning ever since. Can't wait to keep you guys in the loop on whats goin on. But I can finally build the car that I wanted since I got into Subies five years ago. And to all the people that say I would never buy a modded car well I did because I knew the dude through a friend and its well put together. Pdx tuning has done almost all the work and its in great condition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Gongrats man, that sounds like fun. it's always good to know the car and the previous owner. In this case knowing it's been modded the right way from a well known shop helps ease the mind a bit. That's one hell of a deal, enjoy and post some pics.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#3 Old 05-09-2009, 09:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

shnsmmns is an unknown
Hi whats up i plan on getting a sti but i dont know wich is the best year to get 05 to 07. whats the biggest differents besides the diffs controls. can yall help me out.
#4 Old 05-09-2009, 11:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Ecu is diff, so modding the car varies. 06 ftw, Im kinda bias though. My tuner also says that he prefers modding the 06 sti's over the 07s because it's more mod friendly. Not to mention they are the best looking over any STi. You should try doing some research there is alot of info on the differences out there. Tranny gearing is slightly different in the 07s as well.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#5 Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Suddenthomas, sweet deal man. Sounds like a rare find. Glad a guy like you stumbled on it and got it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"