Subaru WRX Forum banner

Final decision time simple vote

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  385STI06 
#1 ·
I can't seem to make up my mind. I am changing the oil next weekend, now I have my mind on 2 kinds of oil 1.
Amsoil oil 2. Rotella t6, those are the most common used oils for our cars that people said did best and burnt less oil.
I'm still sketchy about w40 using different weight I have always used recommend weight on my cars. Is there anything different I need to do with my car if I go this rout I read on one form that every time you do a cold start you are to do a full warm up before leaving each and every time true? Amsoil seemed to be liked a lot did some research. Just really expensive also have to go to a dealer or order online. Rotella has a rebate right now? Anyways pros and cons welcome and your opinion and past experiences thank you for your time.
I have always used the oem filters for the oil filters I got a deal 2 for 10 at my local Subaru so I took advantage.

#2 ·
I have used T6 with the oem filters since I've had it (30k miles, total miles is at 97k now), don't always let it warm up first during the summer, but I do in the winter time, technically you should always let your car warm up regardless if its 30 or 40 or 20. I just don't get on it until its warmed up fully. Haven't had any issues yet.

#4 ·
Regardless of oil winter weight You should always let your engine warm up before driving. I usually give the car a minute while I'm double checking everything before leaving for work. I just don't get in boost until its warm.

The way I see it you can get t6 and a filter for $25 if you buy amsoil on sale its $60 a change. For my money I like t6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.