Exhausts!AVO Turbo Back Exhaust WRX/ STi - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

pizzathehut is an unknown
Exhausts!AVO Turbo Back Exhaust WRX/ STi

Sup yall, just got onto the forums and new to all this.. but i found an exhaust but i cant find any info on it or clips on this. (AVO Turbo Back Exhaust WRX/ STi ) Wondering if any 1 has bought this or know bout it. i am also looking into turbo back dc sport exhaust. Any takers on very good exhausts i want quality. I just bought STI previously owned an S2000 and liek the STI much better. If any 1 could help or ideas would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-31-2008, 09:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Welcome to the site. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the suby world. Sorry I do not know much about the AVO tbe. Cobb, Invidia, Turbo XS, Perrin all make good TBE's.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#3 Old 03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

pizzathehut is an unknown
hey i appreciate it. i was looking at them as well just wasn't sure u knopw.. im going to have this car for a while and i want to make it right. no adding B/S to the car.. and i already heard bout blow off valve so im not adding to the car. First step to thje car is an exhaust and wanted to know about them.. whats good as far as performance, sound, and adding HP. Cost is there but its also not im willing to pay for sumthing well worth putting onto the car.
#4 Old 03-31-2008, 09:30 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
All TBE are going to produce about the same HP, I have a GP Moto twin tip exhaust and love the sound of it, its kinda right in the middle. not as quiet as the borla hush and not as loud as the ones with the coffee can tips

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#5 Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Yeah checkout youtube for some sound clips (even though they don't do that much justice as they sound diff in person). You won't get much of a difference between what manufacturer you choose, I always prefer name brand for comfort of mind.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#6 Old 03-31-2008, 11:14 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
1) Make sure it's a bellmouth

2) you get what you pay for

The "best" brands as you pmed me requesting are probably APS, Cobb, and Perrin but they're all quite expensive and you can get equivalent power out of something a lot cheaper. Still, if you want the very best, I'd stick to brands like those.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD