Subaru WRX Forum banner

Exhaust bolts

16K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  zmanoside 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Quick question for you. I'm transfering my TBE from my wrx to the STi this weekend. Well the dealer didn't give back my nuts/bolts that came with my invidia exhaust and I'm just making sure that I can use my stock exhaust bolts for both the DP-midpipe connection and midpipe-catback connection. Hopefully I can. I have all new gaskets ready to go on. Hopefully you will tell me everything is gravy and I dont have to go get special aftermarket exhaust bolts.Z

#4 ·
No prob, as long as you have a matching nut and bolt and it fits through the hole, you should be good to go... but if you want to get really hardcore, I'm sure somebody somewhere has some exact torque specs for those specific bolts. I did my own exhaust too and I just snugged mine to my liking (not too loose, not too tight). It was the first time I ever did anything like that. I really enjoyed the satisfaction I got out of doing it myself, not to mention the money I saved in labor. Good luck with everything!

#10 · (Edited)
This is now biting me in the ass. Just got home, got out of my car to hear a fat exhaust leak coming from the midpipe-axleback connection. Can someone tell me the proper size for the nuts/bolts for this connection. Thanks. Z

EDIT--After trips to home depot, lowes, advanced auto parts and auto zone I finally found exact numbers for bolt size needed.

M10-1.50 x 60 mm flanged works fine. A little long so a deep socket is required to tighten them up good. Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.