Ebay TMIC - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Mine was big enough, but I did end up getting the ZeroSports Splitter anyways. It wasn't a big difference over the STI splitter.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm currently running a stock 06/07 STi splitter in my 07 WRX scoop with a stock 07 WRX tmic... the main difference I notice is that there is a larger collection of bent fins and bug guts/other debris on the bottom half instead of the middle and top half of the intercooler. I'm also using the stock 06/07 STi bellows and I'm pretty sure it makes contact with my stock 07 WRX tmic the same way the WRX bellows did without the splitter. This is all in preparation for a larger aftermarket tmic some day... just figured I'd get it out of the way now

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#18 Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is a helpful contributing member
I was a lil bit worried about the Ebay TMIC so I was thinking picking up one of the used STI coolers. My questions are will it bolt on good to a WRX and will I be able to use Perrin IC hoses with it?
I have a Cusco tower bar in the front to and there doesnt seem to be any extra space for something bigger to fit.
#19 Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
i know a lot of the members out here state that some of the knock off tmic on ebay get a lot of "heat soak" has anyone every thought about putting some type of heat shield fabric on the underside of any tmic to help with this issue.i found this site - Panels . it sells many different types that could mount on the underside and be folded over on the edges. has anyone thought of that/currently using this set up? any "2cents" on this. would it be a good idea or not?
#20 Old 04-13-2011, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm guessing that would probably reduce the amount of flow through the intercooler. A better idea would be to wrap the downpipe and put a heat blanket on the turbo. For the cost of that, you could probably a get a better intercooler with better fin density.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#21 Old 04-13-2011, 05:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Its a bad idea. Cheap intercoolers have heat soak because they are made of cheap and thin metal. A higher quality intercooler normally has a better fin density, less boost drop, and in general just cools the charge a lot better because of better flow.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae