Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L '04-07 STi and '06-07 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/)
-   -   Ebay Muffler (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/ebay-muffler-33167/)

Jautry27 10-17-2012 12:50 PM

Ebay Muffler

So, I bought this muffler for my '07 WRX off of Ebay to suffice until I can afford a full brand name exhaust. It cost me $32 and was free shipping. I figured it wouldn't hurt until I got a real exhaust. Anyway, at least it looks cool!

[IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/jautry27/exhaust.jpg[/IMG]

brfatal 10-17-2012 02:27 PM

!Notfunny!

psinuse 10-17-2012 03:04 PM

I would give you $32 to not put that on your car...

Vew 10-17-2012 03:21 PM

The reason you're not getting much support on this is because it's a purely cosmetic mod. It will have no effect on your performance. Also.. ebay muffler. In the nicest way possible, that thing looks hideous and will be more apparent after it's installed.

Jautry27 10-17-2012 03:37 PM

I bought it mostly so I could tinker around and modify it myself...I've done exhaust mods on my motorcycle, and other friends' motorcycles, and been fairly successful at it. I'm hoping to have the same success with this one. I fully understand I am getting no performance out of it, it is merely for sound, until I get the money to buy the full exhaust that I want. This way, if it goes bad, I didn't lose any large amounts of money.

jhmason 10-17-2012 08:20 PM

I'd just get a glass pack or two and go custom from there, did this on my celica GT-S back in the day, made for a real unique sound. They are 30-60 bucks depending on length.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Jautry27 10-17-2012 10:21 PM

This one was only $32 on ebay with free shipping. I'm one of those people who has to be different as well. So I figured I would go with a different look. I personally like the look of the 2 small pipes coming out. I figured $32 was worth paying for a muffler that was already together, and I wouldn't be afraid to #### up...

[quote=jhmason;286954]I'd just get a glass pack or two and go custom from there, did this on my celica GT-S back in the day, made for a real unique sound. They are 30-60 bucks depending on length.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide[/quote]

BoostinChick 10-18-2012 07:44 AM

[quote=brfatal;286931]!Notfunny![/quote]I second this...

!Notfunny! !Notfunny!

srninjastar 10-18-2012 02:54 PM

why buy name brand exhaust? you are essentially only paying for the name it self. just buy a quality muffler (not the one you got lol) and go to an exhaust shop and have them build you a custom 3" exhaust. for the amount of money you spend on a nice name brand exhaust, you can have a custom one made for a cheaper price. When i get my sti back that is exactly what i will be doing. i bought a full catback exhaust for my car when i first bought it on ebay and has done the job, but im sick of the jdm slant can.

Jautry27 10-18-2012 03:13 PM

[quote=srninjastar;286979]why buy name brand exhaust? you are essentially only paying for the name it self. just buy a quality muffler (not the one you got lol) and go to an exhaust shop and have them build you a custom 3" exhaust. for the amount of money you spend on a nice name brand exhaust, you can have a custom one made for a cheaper price. When i get my sti back that is exactly what i will be doing. i bought a full catback exhaust for my car when i first bought it on ebay and has done the job, but im sick of the jdm slant can.[/quote]

that is kind of the whole theory i had behind this. i wanted to modify it myself. I have modified the exhaust on my motorcycle and several of my friends motorcycles with pretty good success, so I'm hoping for the same with this one. I'm not a huge fan of the single 4" slant, or the 4" pipe in general, so I wanted something different and that is why I got this one. I personally like the 2 3" pipes coming out of the same one...To Each His Own

srninjastar 10-18-2012 06:29 PM

ill also be buying a dual 3.5 slash tip muffler. i think it looks solid.

BLAZE2099 10-21-2012 06:37 PM

Could look nice installed, I'd be interested in seeing some pics installed.

srninjastar 10-23-2012 02:33 PM

if anything, just straight cut the muffler tips where it bends up if you dont like it.

tunertype 11-05-2012 07:32 PM

[quote=Vew;286936]The reason you're not getting much support on this is because it's a purely cosmetic mod. It will have no effect on your performance. Also.. ebay muffler. In the nicest way possible, that thing looks hideous and will be more apparent after it's installed.[/quote]

most name brand catbacks are pretty much cosmetic with mild performance increase at best anyways.

man show 11-05-2012 07:56 PM

When I saw this thread was revived, I quickly scrolled down with the hope of seeing a pic of it installed... but I was wrong and now I'm sad !Cry!