Subaru WRX Forum banner

DP install today/stg 2

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  zacwrx07 
#1 · (Edited)
Well this morning I woke up extra early 730:p so I would have plenty of time to install the dp and be ale to leave for class at 1215...I didnt go to class!! It took me roughly 5 1/2 hours to do the install thanks to one of my exhaust bolts that stripped (hour 1/2):notgood: and my intercooler not wanting to go back in (hour 1/2)...and multiple frusterating smoke breaks. I did it though and by myself!Thumbs Up. Man did it suck. I HATE working on cars, but I LOVE CARS....flashed stage 2 w/ ap and off I went to taco bell. Sounds awesome, drives awesome. I'm in love. There is some rattling from the exhaust somewhere underneath the car but I'm sure it just needs minor adjustment.

Setup now

Invidia G200 CB
Invidia cattless bellmouth DP (not divorced wg)
SPT intake
Cobb ap stg 2 93 oct
Autometer ultra light gauges (boost/oil pressure)

Lovin it. Z

#3 ·
The butt dyno felt sweet....uh that doesnt sound so good:D But ya, 1st gear is LOVELY. Big differnce in 1st that I felt...through the gears is faster...couldnt be happier....for now...I'm thinkin next thing to do, which isnt goin to be for a while...I want PPG's...I know that there are a few more things I could do...but I want a bulletproof tranny next FOR SURE..z

#9 ·
I did the same install last week. I rattle too. I think its the metal hanger from he car that connects to the DP. That's what my friend said that has an '04. He said his is rubber. I'm not sure. It's hard to hear when that sexy turbo spools.
I ran into a problem when I was unbolting the the stocker and my turbo bolt came off. The guy that removed the DP on an earlier install stripped the bolt. I ordered a new one from Subura($13). Anyone know if the bolt screws back into the turbo or do I need a special tool?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.