downpipe install price - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-09-2008, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
downpipe install price

How much did you pay to have your downpipe installed?

The reason I ask is because I asked a friend of mine who has access to a shop with a car lift and all kinds of other equipment to help me put mine on. I told him I'd be happy to give him a few bucks since he'd be staying after hours just to help me out, so I want to make it worth his while. I'm just wondering what would be a fair amount to give him. 50? 100? I just have no idea how much it costs to have a downpipe professionally installed. I'd be happy to know either the exact price or a general ballpark figure.

Thanks!

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

a.young is an unknown
It is a simple install ..buy him a 12 pack and call it a night .

stage 2 STi...and still not enough
post #3 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna bring some beer along, but I'm wondering how much cash it would be fair to give him... I'm thinking a 12 pack and maybe 50 bucks?

John
07 WRX
post #4 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 04:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

Rob@CSS is an unknown
Hooker and hotel room key is what I usually charge But I think 50.00 is more than fair.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
we would only charge 100 dollars at our shop. but i think a 12 pack (or a 20 sack) and 50 dollars is fair.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #6 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

thanks guys, that's exactly what I was looking for!

John
07 WRX
post #7 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
we would only charge 100 dollars at our shop. but i think a 12 pack (or a 20 sack) and 50 dollars is fair.
Yeah that's my kind of payment.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #8 of 12 Old 02-11-2008, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

06subiejoe is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to 06subiejoe
ya. A 12er should be good. No money. Even if you have a hard time with any of it. It shouldn't take more than an hour tops
post #9 of 12 Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
HA!!! This is FUNNY!! I just ordered my dp and ap today...I'm not too fond of working on cars but I am very fond of motorsports/racing, so I called my local "race shop" to see how much for a dp install....250 bucks!!! I said allright man, let me give you a call back and now I find this thread!! I guess I should call him up and say no thanks huh! Damn, I wish I was back home (san diego) my buddy is a teck that would definatley take the 12 pack or 20 sac payment...Now I have to do the damn install myself by myself and I dont want to...I did the cb by myself...but thats two bolts...I'm pissed and I dont want to fk my car up, strip any bolts or do anything stupid...sorry had to vent.

12.7 @ 109
post #10 of 12 Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
7 bolts and a sensor. not hard at all. just spray some metal lube on bolts and nuts and let it sit overnight. make sure u replace the gaskets. consider it done. since ## kind of a newb im guessing an hour and a half at the most, and that's from putting it on stands to when it comes off.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #11 of 12 Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

96accord is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 96accord Send a message via Yahoo to 96accord
Usually 1hr of work at a shop.

Most shops in the MD area are $75/hr (give or take a bit)
post #12 of 12 Old 02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black Beast is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanoside View Post
HA!!! This is FUNNY!! I just ordered my dp and ap today...I'm not too fond of working on cars but I am very fond of motorsports/racing, so I called my local "race shop" to see how much for a dp install....250 bucks!!! I said allright man, let me give you a call back and now I find this thread!! I guess I should call him up and say no thanks huh! Damn, I wish I was back home (san diego) my buddy is a teck that would definatley take the 12 pack or 20 sac payment...Now I have to do the damn install myself by myself and I dont want to...I did the cb by myself...but thats two bolts...I'm pissed and I dont want to fk my car up, strip any bolts or do anything stupid...sorry had to vent.
250 is crazy every shop here in portland is around $95....You shouldnt have to pay over $100 anywhere!