Originally Posted by MilesFox
a 1/8 or 22mm wrench will be fine for the o2
I know you meant 7/8
, but I'm just gonna put it out there so there's no confusion....not to mention it's stated above. Yeah man show everyone has given you some good input. I was hesitant to do the DP myself but once you get into it it's really a breeze dude. Just make sure you have all the necessary tools and you'll be fine. Tools you'll need (taken from scoobymods, modified to fit your install by me):
1) Penetrating spray such as Liquid Wrench, PB blaster, WD-40. I used PB.
2) 10, 12, 13 and 14mm wrenches. I used the ratcheting kind....very helpful if you have extra $$$.
3) 10, 12, and 14mm sockets. As with Vishnu, I would STRONGLY recommend a Flex-head and deep sockets if you can get a hold of them. I did this without either a flex head (used wobble extensions) or deep sockets.
4) 22mm O2 sensor sockets (or 7/8 open end wrench)
. I bought mine at Autozone, but I hear that you can borrow one from them.
5) Long flat-head screw driver, phillips screwdriver.
6) Breaker bar. I think mine is 18" or so.
7) Several extensions for socket set.
8) Needle-nose pliers
9) 2 jack stands
10) Floor Jack
12) Shop light or headlight.
13) Torque wrench.
15) Zip lock bags to organize bolts/nuts
If anyone else has any siggestion of what tool you need chime in. Also man show, a good ref point (disregard the uppipe part) is: BEST DAMN WRX DOWNPIPE UPPIPE install cobb stage 2 - ScoobyMods
Good luck and enjoy!