Differences U.S. Spec Vs. Europe/japan - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-02-2004, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Differences U.S. Spec Vs. Europe/japan

Was on APS's site the other day and they are doing a complete comparison of the U.S. spec STi vs. the overseas version....

not performance specs, but actual comparison of parts... so far i've they've posted some info on the pistons and rods and it appears to be dissappointing for the U.S. version...

i was under the impression that the U.S. spec has all forged internals and whatnot... (fairly bullet proof)... but that does not appear to be the case. The U.S. STi has cast pistons and rods, whereas the European verision has the forged parts... Subaru is a bunch of idiots, why not forge the U.S. version... ### they knew they could sell 'em whether forged or not... just give it a 2.5 and make sure it had more HP, people are such fanatics, they'll buy it...

Any one know what internal parts the EVO got? anything forged? probably not... hopefully 06 brings some upgraded versions of the EVO and STi to the U.S. market with forged internals and AYC for the EVO.... then i'll waste some money on one... other than that, i'm happy with 350HP out of the WRX and will continue to put my money under this hood... Why not forge the U.S. version, just pisses me off! Overseas gets everything better.... in terms of autos anyways....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-02-2004, 11:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Because people in the US care about displacement and HP, and not necessarily good cars.

Che
post #3 of 9 Old 01-03-2004, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yup

That's the nice way of saying all we care about is the damn image and some bragger's rights.

How bout the total package... Will never happen in my opinion, unless you put it together yourself... That's the unfortunate way it goes...

I have seen a couple of the European spec EVO for sale on ebay, almost new (about 1200 miles) with the AYC, left side driver, and the full power of the European EVO, but what they fail to mention in that 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds selling point is that the car does that with 98 Octane Eorpean gas, and is of course tuned and designed to be used with that octane gasoline... So that is out of the Q... oh well...

my .02
post #4 of 9 Old 01-05-2004, 10:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

o2sys is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to o2sys Send a message via MSN to o2sys Send a message via Yahoo to o2sys
thats very true....if u check out different sites for car manufactures, all the other places get better features, accessories, and probably better warranty service or something...well even US domestic cars, imports over there have better stuff. Take the Ford Focus RS, turbo-charged and what not....y dont we get anything like this??????
post #5 of 9 Old 01-06-2004, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

were just not as picky about cars

most of us here are just car chumps...

we take wahat we can get and don't put up any hassle, bet if we all wrote some letters to subaru of america we could stir up some shit and get 'em to do smething about this travesty...

But it would take a whole lot of letters...
post #6 of 9 Old 01-06-2004, 08:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Yeah I remember there was some online petition to them. However, the U.S. market is completely different than the European and even Asian markets, and thats why we cant get the same cars as they do. People here are more interested in trucks and stuff like 'Can you say Hemi?' (Who the hell cares buddy? My STi can still take you, and its more reliable, gets better MPG, I am not a dick with driving it around, and more practical)

Che
post #7 of 9 Old 05-15-2004, 07:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
actually has anyone looked at the gas mileage of an american pushrod v8 in the last few years? the firebird/trans ams/ and gto's get better gas mileage all around where fords get better city but thier five speeds bring down the highways. and test on the sti show only about 16.5 for street dont know highway. my basic gets only an average of 20 mpg combined when im told they should get like 23. btw ive seen an 05 sti, any diffrences over the 04's? i couldnt tell
post #8 of 9 Old 05-15-2004, 10:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Yes there are difference both mechanically and cosmetically.

Che
post #9 of 9 Old 05-22-2004, 04:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

tescrex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tescrex
what is different mechanically?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement