Subaru WRX Forum banner

deal on EBAY for turbo-back exhaust

9K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  Evil_Betty 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a good turbo-back exhaust and this is by far the cheapest one ever but is it good? It seems like a generic brand but its basically the same as leading brands. For $375 you can't go wring....right? Basically should i buy this so i can go stage 2 with my car? (i have the cobb APV2)

INCLUDES:

3" SUPER TURBO BACK STAINLESS STEEL 3 PC EXHAUST

ALL ACCESSORIES IN PHOTOS

FITS 02 + AND STI

DETAILS:

TYPE " H " MUFFLER 4.5"

3" DIAMETER PIPING

HANGERS INCLUDED!

GREAT FOR HUGE HP GAINS!!

SUS -304 Heavy Duty Stainless Steel

3" Inlet Pipe - 4.5" OUTLET

High Flow Design For Max Performance!

CHECK OUT 2 FEATURES THAT STAND OUT
(2) O2 BUNGS ON THE TURBO DOWNPIPE

3" WIDEMOUTH BELLHOUSING PIPE

SILENCER AND GASKETS INCLUDED

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Don't be thrown just because it's not a big name brand. I've had my ebay exhaust on for almost a year and have had no problems at all plus it sounds great. For the most part with exhaust, when you buy from a BIG name company you're only paying for just that.....a BIG name.( few exceptions )

#11 ·
YEA +1 for name brand exhausts especially for invidia. i have an ebay exhaust, it's not bad but one of the welds came apart at the muffler after like 7 or 8 months. got it welded back together for like 20 bucks. i regret not getting a reputable exhaust.

#12 ·
I have that same exhaust, came from Xo2 Racing though on eBay. If I were you I wouldnt use that uppipe though. See how it doesnt even have the studs on the one end that goes through the holes in the turbo to hold it there? Yeah, Ian and me had some fun trying to remove the studs from my stock uppipe. Ian figured out a way to screw on nuts one forward, one backward, and somehow the studs followed. But we damaged so many of them from my stock uppipe we had to use Ians. I would definitely get a better name uppipe.

edit: Other than that I love my eBay exhaust. Fitment was great and sounds awesome.

#13 ·
yea i saw the same thing on ebay. however my friend who is not your average kid, hes actually a car mechanic, and loves WRX's and specializes in Integras told me that I should NOT get that cus its more ricey, and he told me to beware of the ebay knockoffs. he told me to go to raceinspired.com, and recommended Greddy and Apexi.

#15 ·
nah hes into domestics too, his next car is either a wrx or mustang. In terms of acceleration, according to him, getting a turbo-back exhaust will slow you down in the beginning but give u more higher end power. is this true? cus i asked him and he said you have to get a tor converter if you want a fast launch, not a turbo-back

#17 ·
In terms of acceleration, according to him, getting a turbo-back exhaust will slow you down in the beginning but give u more higher end power. is this true? cus i asked him and he said you have to get a tor converter if you want a fast launch, not a turbo-back
your friend knows nothing. what is a tor converter?

#23 ·
what does the muffler look installed. does anyone have pictures of it installed (a rear bumper pic). I bought my 02 wrx used and it had a Magnaflow cbe, I think it looks funny. But does the muffler come out straight or at an angle. And what are the expected HP gains with this set up.

#26 ·
Heres a nice pic of what an eBay exhaust looks like. Ive made sound clips as well, just cant find them, and my digital camera doesnt do the exhaust any justice...

This was my first mod to the car, the exhaust is still nice and shiny :D

edit: robelia1: The downpipe is not catted. Yes you can run the exhaust without EM. On the 2.5 block some people have complain about boost creep, but, the AP should help. I know a few people that just run a TBE and no EM on 06+ and they are fine.

#28 ·
ahh i wish it was catted then, i spoke to another kid on here who mentioned his 2002 with the same set up caused alot of boost creep and had to keep resetting the ecu ### of it, you think this will happen on my 06 being its a 2.5? its ganna be hard not to throw it on right away i got a friend of mine lifting the car today to see what squeeking noise the 1 rotor is making

#34 ·
I said my friends 06 had problems. Not my 02.

Technically the boost creep is a mechanical problem due to the inabilty for the waste gate to flow enough air to control boost, but most cobb users dont have any problems. If you do the have a High WGDC map.

#29 ·
It seems to be even more of a problem on the 2.5L engine WRXs. If you want the sound you can just put the CBE on. Then when the AP comes put the DP on and immediately flash stage 2 and shouldnt have a worry after tha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.