deal on EBAY for turbo-back exhaust - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kylar is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXforME View Post
This ebay catback will not bolt up to the stock downpipe.

Its all or nothing. If I were you, I would install it now and get it over with.
If its only a week, just install it all at the same time and re-flash. Or just baby the car for the next week and keep the rpm's low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-03-2007, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
ok so your saying once i flash stage 2 i shouldnt have to worry about boost creep because this other kid made it sound like i still have to worry? also, am i ganna be getting the flames shooting out my exhaust ?
post #33 of 35 Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kylar is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by robelia1 View Post
ok so your saying once i flash stage 2 i shouldnt have to worry about boost creep because this other kid made it sound like i still have to worry? also, am i ganna be getting the flames shooting out my exhaust ?
From what I understand as long as you get the right stage 2 map you should be ok. Make sure you get a map thats for a dp without cats.
post #34 of 35 Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by robelia1 View Post
ahh i wish it was catted then, i spoke to another kid on here who mentioned his 2002 with the same set up caused alot of boost creep and had to keep resetting the ecu ### of it, you think this will happen on my 06 being its a 2.5? its ganna be hard not to throw it on right away i got a friend of mine lifting the car today to see what squeeking noise the 1 rotor is making
I said my friends 06 had problems. Not my 02.

Technically the boost creep is a mechanical problem due to the inabilty for the waste gate to flow enough air to control boost, but most cobb users dont have any problems. If you do the have a High WGDC map.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #35 of 35 Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

Evil_Betty is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Betty
Talking

I just installed this exhaust today; mine has a "XS Power" logo plate welded on it. I do not have any pics yet, but should by Wednesday. I'd be glad to put this all into a how-to w/ pics if anyone wants. I only drove it a bit after installing(idle, cruise & WOT), but I never threw a CEL and didn't have any over-boost or spiking. I love that it has an extra bung for a wideband sensor or such.

Ebay one I bought

Pictures ::
Exhaust pics

Fitment ::

It fit perfect for me. The turbo flange matched right up and all those bolts/nuts went on fine. The flex section made mating the dp/mid-pipe a breeze. The muffler went on the same, no troubles. I thought the hangers would pose a problem with this exhaust, but they all lined up fine. The only part I don't like, is how close the muffler is to the bumper. I'm hoping some Kartboy long rubber hangers will cure the problem.

Quality ::

While they aren't the best welds in the world, they are still good welds. The stainless steel looks great, only time will tell if a good, quality SS was used. Hangers were welded good & in the right places.

Stock Removal ::

Removing the stock exhaust wasn't bad. I had a few bolts/nuts to break loose, but just used some pb-blaster & lots of muscle. With the car jacked up, the stock dp will come out from underneath without having to remove the second part of the dp. The O2 sensor was a bit of a pain without the right tool, but it still came out with a little muscle. Go rent/buy the O2 tool, it is worth it! I'd also recommend a couple cut up 2x4's or something like it to hold up parts of the exhaust if you are working alone.

Sound ::

I've heard the vid clips on here and it is right on par. At warmed up idle, it has a very nice low, deep rumble. The minute you get over 1500 rpms, it does get a bit loud. I was hoping for a tad bit quieter, but it is what it is. There is no raspy-annoying sound, just deep & loud at WOT. I have not put in the silencer to test it out. I hate the look of the silencer, but I will test it to review. I think I just got so used to the stock, whisper-quiet exhaust and this one will take a bit to get used to.

It is a night & day difference in hearing the turbo. The spool up sound is very noticeable now, which is a plus to me. Who needs a bov when you have the sweet sound of compressor spool!

Hope this helps & sorry it was a long read,

-Justin

EDIT :: I did not install the up-pipe, so no review on that one.

'07 WRX :: '01 Katana 600 :: '89 Conquest TSi

Last edited by Evil_Betty; 10-10-2007 at 04:27 PM.