Subaru WRX Forum banner

deal on EBAY for turbo-back exhaust

9K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  Evil_Betty 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a good turbo-back exhaust and this is by far the cheapest one ever but is it good? It seems like a generic brand but its basically the same as leading brands. For $375 you can't go wring....right? Basically should i buy this so i can go stage 2 with my car? (i have the cobb APV2)

INCLUDES:

3" SUPER TURBO BACK STAINLESS STEEL 3 PC EXHAUST

ALL ACCESSORIES IN PHOTOS

FITS 02 + AND STI

DETAILS:

TYPE " H " MUFFLER 4.5"

3" DIAMETER PIPING

HANGERS INCLUDED!

GREAT FOR HUGE HP GAINS!!

SUS -304 Heavy Duty Stainless Steel

3" Inlet Pipe - 4.5" OUTLET

High Flow Design For Max Performance!

CHECK OUT 2 FEATURES THAT STAND OUT
(2) O2 BUNGS ON THE TURBO DOWNPIPE

3" WIDEMOUTH BELLHOUSING PIPE

SILENCER AND GASKETS INCLUDED

Attachments

See less See more
#35 · (Edited)
I just installed this exhaust today; mine has a "XS Power" logo plate welded on it. I do not have any pics yet, but should by Wednesday. I'd be glad to put this all into a how-to w/ pics if anyone wants. I only drove it a bit after installing(idle, cruise & WOT), but I never threw a CEL and didn't have any over-boost or spiking. I love that it has an extra bung for a wideband sensor or such.

Ebay one I bought

Pictures ::
Exhaust pics

Fitment ::

It fit perfect for me. The turbo flange matched right up and all those bolts/nuts went on fine. The flex section made mating the dp/mid-pipe a breeze. The muffler went on the same, no troubles. I thought the hangers would pose a problem with this exhaust, but they all lined up fine. The only part I don't like, is how close the muffler is to the bumper. I'm hoping some Kartboy long rubber hangers will cure the problem.

Quality ::

While they aren't the best welds in the world, they are still good welds. The stainless steel looks great, only time will tell if a good, quality SS was used. Hangers were welded good & in the right places.

Stock Removal ::

Removing the stock exhaust wasn't bad. I had a few bolts/nuts to break loose, but just used some pb-blaster & lots of muscle. With the car jacked up, the stock dp will come out from underneath without having to remove the second part of the dp. The O2 sensor was a bit of a pain without the right tool, but it still came out with a little muscle. Go rent/buy the O2 tool, it is worth it! I'd also recommend a couple cut up 2x4's or something like it to hold up parts of the exhaust if you are working alone.

Sound ::

I've heard the vid clips on here and it is right on par. At warmed up idle, it has a very nice low, deep rumble. The minute you get over 1500 rpms, it does get a bit loud. I was hoping for a tad bit quieter, but it is what it is. There is no raspy-annoying sound, just deep & loud at WOT. I have not put in the silencer to test it out. I hate the look of the silencer, but I will test it to review. I think I just got so used to the stock, whisper-quiet exhaust and this one will take a bit to get used to.

It is a night & day difference in hearing the turbo. The spool up sound is very noticeable now, which is a plus to me. Who needs a bov when you have the sweet sound of compressor spool!

Hope this helps & sorry it was a long read,

-Justin

EDIT :: I did not install the up-pipe, so no review on that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.