Subaru WRX Forum banner

db level of Cobb exhaust

22K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  man show 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the db level info for the Cobb exhaust. Just the CBE. I think the stock exhaust is 88 db. I am looking for an exhaust that is not to loud, but definitely not quiet. I like the Borla XR1, Blitz Nur Spec Touring and the Cobb. I read that the borla tapers to 2.5 inches though and that the Blitz has a tendancy to burn bumpers. I really dont want a grape fruit shooter either.

#6 ·
I'm not sure the exact decibal level but Cobb states:

"The COBB Exhaust systems conform to the SAE dictated 95-devibel exhaust noise level limit enforced by California, as well as other states in the US"

I have the catted TBE and depending on my mood its either too loud (when I'm cranky in the morning in stop and go traffic on the way to work) or not loud enough (weekends with the windows down driving on windy back roads). Bottom line is its deep and loud enough that everyone knows they're something nasty lurking under your hood scoop. I would definitely recommend.

#11 ·
well, i am buying a Cobb CBE, used that is 8 months old, with about 10k through it for 300 bucks. I think this is a deal, i have pics to post of the exhaust and its in good shape. Is it a good deal? the same guy also has a Invidia divorced waste gate DP for sale and it is catted. However, i heard that there is no need for a divorced waste gate on my 07. Is this true? or should i get both for a really good deal?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.