cr02,nos or i/c water sprayer??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-31-2006, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxcop is an unknown
cr02,nos or i/c water sprayer???

OK so my mods so far turbo back, and Cobb AP. After next week my mods will be deadbolt 18g, sti topmount, modded injectors, Cobb sf intake and a pro tune after my 800 mile turbo break in period. Now thats out of the way which one should I go with.

A nos ntercooler sprayer, a cry02 sprayer, or just a simple DIY I/C water sprayer? I don't see the point in putting down close to 400 bucks for a nos, or cry02 system, other than a neat looking tank in my trunk, when i can build my own I/C sprayer for a fraction of the cost, but I wanted to see if you guys thought I would get more out of going with one of these systems. I guess I'm just looking for another gadget but I want it to be functional because, during the summer it gets pretty hot and humid here in NC and my TR acts like a slug after 15 Min's of city driving. Will I see any positive effects in the winter, it only gets around 10-15 degrees at the very coldest here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-31-2006, 11:54 PM
WRXpert

bigbadbuddha is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to bigbadbuddha Send a message via MSN to bigbadbuddha
In City driving i don't know how much the IC will help. But during highway and on the track it will help... Its more heat soak that you have a problem with and no matter how much you spray it'll be there.... I'd suggest going with a good turbo heat shield or maybe even a turbo wrap... Also wrap the down pipe and your headers... That would do much more than NOS or Cryo sprayers.
I have a factory STI splitter and IC sprayer on my car and i only use it at the track, and it does help, for a little bit... But I got noticeble heat drop when I wrapped my header, dp and Turbo..
Hope that helps

Big Jae -
JDM version 7 bugeye