Subaru WRX Forum banner

Coolant problem?

16K views 62 replies 8 participants last post by  06_hawk_eye 
#1 ·
Okay so I filled the resavoir up to the low line and ran it for about a week. Then one day while driving to red robin I noticed coolant leaking from under the car. Popped the hood and it was coming from the resavoir tank next to the radiator. So I drained the resavoir and topped off the little one next to the turbo. Well today I popped the hood and noticed time bubbles about a nickel in size coming from in the resavoir. I have a video ican text it to some people if they wanna see it. Not sure what is going on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#34 ·
I am just going to copy/paste what I posted in your other thread....
Make sure you KEEP your receipt! Or scan it and electronically keep it. I have had 4 cores (all of them leaked from either the middle or where the spout meets the core) in one car. In my project car it started leaking along the bottom where the fins meet the ends. I purchased that one in 2007 and they will not replace it without the receipt and unfortunately for me, businesses don't usually keep invoices that old. I will never ever ever ever purchase Mishi ever again. Even though they are local to me and practically give gear away for "test fitting" will not go near them.

#57 ·
Shut it, all I need is injectors and the rotated kit. Then poop loads of 450+whp would be mine. FOL

I just want to see dyno plots before I would do it. Chad could probably let my beast live about 7k rpms too.

#48 ·
At the dealer it was 600 in parts. But that didn't include timing belt tensioner, t-stat, Plugs, and water pump.

Ill be getting all the gaskets for the motor pretty much, cam seals, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, t-stat, plugs, and arp head studs for around 650. This is with my discount thru Subaru because ill be ordering thru my dealership.so add 800$ labor and it'll be around 1500$. With more being done at the performance shop. Charges 70$ compared to the dealers 110$ an there mark up on the all the parts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#59 ·
I have some wedding to pay off still and saving for a house. I might be able to squeeze in a rotated somewhere. If the plots look promising...if I can gain more red line to offset the loss of spool it might be worth it.

Reactions: BLAZE2099
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.