Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb Exhaust

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
was thinking about getting cobb catback!!! My 06 rex currently has grimmspeed downpipe and cobb accessport v2. I have heard the cobb exhaust on a wrx in a parking lot for about 5seconds so I kind of know what it sounds like but I was wondering if it droned on the freeway? and overall how do you guys like it?

It seemed like it was wasnt very loud and I definately like that.

#3 ·
At stage 2 there was/is no droning (at least with my Cobb catted TBE). Now that I have a bigger turbo (with supporting mods) it does seem to drone some at say 75 MPH, but nothing annoying or too loud IMHO.

#5 ·
I would also consider the borla hush...one of my friends out here runs it on his 06 STi with a GT37R and there is no real drone at all...it sounds almost stock when cruising but when he puts the foot down it lets you know something is there
My Borla Hush has a little bit of drone on the highway. I never noticed it untill I went with the hybrid 2.5L and 18G setup. From what I hear it is the reasonator and many hush owners say theirs drones. Down the road I think I will swap it out for a Vibrant StreetPower or Maddad Whisper, which are "suppost" to have a better resonator and not have that drone.

#4 ·
I would also consider the borla hush...one of my friends out here runs it on his 06 STi with a GT37R and there is no real drone at all...it sounds almost stock when cruising but when he puts the foot down it lets you know something is there

#8 ·
Borla hush is nice. I've had it for about 30k and no droning. Don't get the single tip Borla, it drones like crazy. The twin tip "hush" is what you want. Even at Stage 2 it still doesn't drone. And the sound is real deep, not like the fart cannons.

#10 ·
I have the Cobb TBE and it doesn't drone. I just want it a tad deeper. Which will come in time with the turbo upgrade in the future. lol. Otherwise, I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.