cel cause fuel cut off?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
cel cause fuel cut off??

so i just installed full invidia turbo back on my 05 sti and every now and then my cel comes on and goes away which i understand is normal with no cats. just a lil bit ago(with the cel) i was playing with some honda swaps and besides beating them when i was in 5th gear at about 5800-6000 rpm it was like i hit a rev limiter or fuel cut off but only for a second then it would continue approaching redline and it did it in 6th also. my friend said that the cel can restrict the car under certain conditions but has anyone else experienced this or know anything about it? thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
are you tuned for the TBE?

if not its probably boost cut due to overboost.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Sounds like a winner to me. You need some type of EM or a tune to really get something out of your set up, and possibll not damage it.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
im not running any kind of em right now but this cut off doesnt occur unless the cel is on i beleive.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

whiteryder is an unknown
I have had the same exact problem at the same RPM and I do have an EM (Cobb AP). I too am running the Invidia down and uppipe with an SPT intake and catback and am still utilizing the O2 sensors in their stock arrangements. I do realize, now that I've bought and installed it, that my setup might disagree with the intake. But, according to Cobb, the intake disadvantages take effect when, at the position of the MAF, the tubing is a different diameter than stock or causes airflow turbulance. Makes sense, right? But the new intake, when compared to the stock air box, appears to be the same inner diameter and provides a smoother path through which air can travel. Unfortunatly, it seems that there is no way to custom adjust boost psi with the AP's use of pre-calibrated maps- unless I'm just not getting it. Anyone know the "fix"?