CAI mod - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-24-2010, 07:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

rexwgn is on thin ice
Send a message via AIM to rexwgn
CAI mod

i have a few minor mods to my 07 wrx wagon w atune from DSG of Norwood. If i turn my a/c on at a low idle the car is looking to stall and is a pain to drive. Also i have a FMIC and the car seems to be running hot with a bit of turbo lag. My CAI does not have a heat shield or box around it. Could this be the reason? If i extend the piping into my fender would this help the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
So it sounds like you have a ram air intake now if it's not in the fender?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#3 Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

rexwgn is on thin ice
Send a message via AIM to rexwgn
yes your right...its a Perrin ram air with a k&n filter. Think if i extended it into the fender well it would solve those problems?
#4 Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
It might give you more problems. You don't want to do that, it can really throw off MAF readings. The lag is probably because of the front mount, unless you have an upgraded turbo as well, most front mounts are for handling bigger turbochargers. So you probably would get some lag using a stock turbo. This is just a guess, I don't know anything about the flow rating on your particular FMIC and there are smaller ones that would be more accommodating to a stock turbo.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#5 Old 07-28-2010, 05:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Get the heatshield and/or a turbo blanket put on.

Wrapping the IC pipes might help a bit as well.

Not too sure it's "lag" you are looking at as opposed to a slower throttle response.... Then again as Brandon said... might be too big of an IC.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 07-28-2010, 08:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
What did you get it tuned with? Because if it's a AP. You can easily turn on the Idle adjustment settings on when the A/C is on. I didn't know that feature existed until I took my car back to my tuner after my recent tune. Because my car was stalling and getting really bad jumping revs with the A/C on. In short, with the A/C off the idle stays the same. Once the A/C is on, the ECU will adjust the idle to keep it from bouncing around and dropping to low.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae