buying and 05 STi in a couple days! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Kramericaa is an unknown
buying and 05 STi in a couple days!

So I finally found a 05 STi (after selling my 02 wrx 3 weeks ago) with 46000 miles on it. Alls it has is a full turbo back exhaust with no cats and no tune. I already bought the cobb access port for it. First thing I'm doing is flashing it to stage 2. OTS cobb stage 2 map is ok to run on a cattless turbo back for the 05 STi's right? (I know the 07's you can't)

Also has a K&N SRI, which I'll be taking off and switching to cobbs sf intake. Other than that it all looks good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 04:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
nice, how much $ ?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #3 of 5 Old 08-22-2010, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Kramericaa is an unknown
$16000. He's trying to get out of his payments. It's in Arkansas and I'm in mich. Gonna be a long drive, but 16k with only 46000 miles on it is too hard to pass up.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-24-2010, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Sounds like a good deal. Good Luck.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #5 of 5 Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Kramericaa is an unknown
Just brought her back from Arkansas to Michigan yesterday.(900 miles, not a comfortable ride when your 6'4) Got it Cobb stage 2 tuned already. Just rolled 47,000 miles and took it home for 16k. It runs great, and it blows my old stage 2 rex out of the water. As one article I once read stated: "if the WRX was a Jalapeno pepper, than the STi is a Habanaro". I would attest to that.

Couple questions I have if y'all could chime in: I have noticed it has the infamous "trunk clunking" that I heard others talk about from the 04-05 STi's. What the hell is that? struts? why? I don't understand. From what I'm told it's more of just an annoyance?
Also, engaging the clutch at low speed, I hear a mild squeal, almost like a duck noise. Clutch related? Also the clutch bites real high but grabs good with no slip. That normal?(the biting high?)
(I was used to a pro ACT clutch kit on my 02 rex though, that was stiff an bit real low)

Another interesting thing I noticed, is it had the plastic 04 Sti steering wheel. The previous owner bought it like that from a dealer with 3000 miles on it. It is an 05 though. Did they put those on any of the 05 STi's? Maybe the earlier years? Just curious...

Anways, I'm having a blast with it and I'm glad I'm still part of the Subaru family!