Subaru WRX Forum banner

Break issues

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
My 06 STi does a low not harsh squeak when i apply the breaks i have checked break pads rotors break fluid and lines i even double made sure had my mechanic look at it he said break bads are still good and rotors are fine too he was a little busy to look into it all the way i showed up un expected any ideas what could be the problem? also i am going to re charge my ac anyone recommend any special brand i dont care for super expensive stuff its ac i can l do with out it thanks

#2 ·
If they hum or vibrate when you apply brake pressure you might have slightly warped rotors, if your mechanic is sure that the rotors don't need to be turned then I would start with a vacuum bleed. If you have a buddy to help do a quick bleed process first then a vacuum bleed if its still making weird noises. Some noise can be also be caused by contaminants between the pads and the rotors. Pull the wheels/calipers and get the rotors super clean. check for any grease or oil on your pads and if there is swap the pads, they aren't usually worth the hassle of trying to clean. Be extra careful with brake cleaner spray, the cans are usually really over pressurized and the spray is caustic and extremely flammable. once you have them completely cleaned put everything back together and use a bit of brake silencer on the back of your pads, If they still make noise after thay are super clean with a fresh bleed and new pads then have your mechanic turn your rotors cause they are probably a bit warped.

Hope that helps

#3 ·
Mine did that at one time also. I checked it all out and saw no problems so, I just went on my merry lil way and it eventually stopped. If you have high performance pads they tend to make more noise than stock. Datz da souund ov stopping horsepower! As far as A/C goes.....R134A is R134A......it dosent matter as long as you have the proper oil and refrigerant levels which is not always attainable with those over the counter "can" recharge fixes. Usually if you need a recharge then there is a leak and adding more is just a temporary band aid.

Oh, and it's brake on a car not break. Not trying to be a d%#k.....its just a annoyance of mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.