Subaru WRX Forum banner

BPM Turbo Inlet Hose

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jrswrx69 
#1 ·
I recently ordered and replaced my turbo inlet hose with a BPM. It's a nice inlet hose I might say, AND the customer service is awesome. NOW, I have an 07 WRX and was under the assumption (and told) that the piece would fit no problem. First issue I had was the the end that fits to the turbo does not line up very well (small kink in the tube) and second of all the vacuum hose closest to the turbo (the metal nipple if you must) is not plug and play. The hose that is on my car has a clip (wiring) on it and the BPM does not. So I had to fab something up (had to pull an idea out of my arse). Now, I don't know what this plug IS, but figure it is just an oil tube of some sort and didn't want to throw a CEL by ripping it out. Anyone know what it is/what it does and a fix for this. A small issue I had as well is that it will not fit / mate up to the Samco after MAF hose OR the stock hose. (Weird to be nice about it). Lucky for me I have an SPT SRI and heatshield on the way. BTW, you don't NEED to take off the manifold, but need to take off the radiator return container to the left of the manifold to make it easier.

I am not bashing anyone as I will be working with Nate to fix the issues.

#2 ·
Nate, Nick.... Here is a Samco hose.... Notice the end farthest away.... It has a small kink in it that the BPM one does not. Ripped this pic from rallysportdirect.com. Best pic I could find. That was the only difference I can find. Even the Samco has the same screwball inlet that doesn't help with the plug that is on my car (all 06 and 07) I would imagine.

Attachments

#4 ·
Here is a pic of the white clip/harness I spoke about up above that I didn't / couldn't do anything with because the BPM has no clip. I had to go buy a foot of hose and "fab" something up myself. I had to stick the hose ### down into the car side of the tube. Not sure WHAT the hell this hose even does. Anyone have a clue ?? I tried to resize it. I circled it in yellow.

Attachments

#6 ·
Did you call the distributor on the APS ? I have issues buying anything due to these kinds of issues. Nate, Nick have you gotten a chance to look at this issue and MY problem ?

#7 ·
Boosbuddy has agreed to send me a coupler to rid the inlet tube from resting next to the manifold. Still researching the electrical clip. If anyone knows what it is, please ..... respond. Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.