BOV problems, all should read - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 06-07-2008, 12:40 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetaxi View Post
update:
Now I hv take out the TGV in the car, & got a Forge BOV. Drive the car in fast/slow mod in all gears for ~ 250mil. It seem to hv not problem at all. Only thing is my boost can go abit higher to spike at 1.4 bar & fastter to gain a full boost @ ~ 4000 rpm (Vf35 w/ HKS actuator). Cheak the ECU logging the IAM is still stand on 16, next will cheak the AFR (may need a Dyno machine soon). After adjust the AFR target I want then will try to push for more timing in the mid rev.

So u guys can try to take out the TGV flaps (total 4 pc) to see if the problem go away?? all in all loce this Forge BOV as it give me fastter turbo spool. & the sound is not that loud as vs the SQV under 3500 rpm.
It has nothing to do with the TVG's.It has everything to do with the BOV being AFTER the MAF.It will not affect your IAM one bit as that has to do with knock and timing.This problem is absolutly NOT new and the information your giving really doesn't mean much considering this has been discussed and tested in length 1000's of times since the USDM WRX's arrived in the USA.SEARCH........

Blow-off Valves
This is not a Subaru based problem.It is a MAF based fueling problem.Any car running an atmospheric BOV AFTER the MAF will encounter the same types of problems.A 50/50 will encounter the same problems to a lesser degree.Some BOV designs are better than others obviously.And...:bea tentod

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-08-2008, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

bluetaxi is an unknown
then why when we used the same unit of HKS SQV on my EDM WRX hv the problem if high FC when at ~half throttle ie 1/4 of tank I only can go to ~ 20mil, but there is no problem on a JDM STI S203??? but if I geive it a full throttle (most of the time) in up hill run it's FC is ~ 100mils in 1/2 tank of fuel.

Also we hv try others make of BOV in the JDM STI in ver 7, 8 , 9 ,& S203/S204 (import cars) & no problem at all, only 1 time 1 of us blow up a GFB bov. & why it only hit the EDM model.

later in the week I will try to put in the same SQV agian to cheak.

Hope Subaru is give the same thing to USA as in UK.
#33 Old 06-09-2008, 12:36 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nope, you guys have different cars than what we get here, just like the JDM are different, so are the EDM. USDM is pretty much on the bottom of the food chain.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#34 Old 06-09-2008, 12:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

bluetaxi is an unknown
Aik??? WTH Subaru want to do that??!!! they should give all non-JDM the same spec. don't said the Euro hv better rate then the US Dollar!! this is BS!!
#35 Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
All i gotta say is if you say you have any problems then you most likely don't know a thing about your car and your mom prob bought it for you to. I had a bov on it when I bought the car and the thing would stall, cat would pop and just wouldnt run right and I thought the car was fine except for those few things once i bought the stock recirc valve the car was 150% better and no popping no stalling. bov on almost stock cars are just for show offs who think they are bad ass

Last edited by 0fourSTI; 06-13-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: I don't want a foot up my ass ouch lol
#36 Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
0fourSTI, please read this:
Grammar and Punctuation.

all i gotta say is if u don't clean up, u will see my foot up u r ass

Please show enough respect for your fellow members to use complete sentences without text abbreviations. Missing a spelling mistake here and there is one thing but using "u r" and failing to capitalize anything is just pure disrespect.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#37 Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
Hey bud i don't tell you how to do your job so dont tell me how to spell and check my grammer plus you want to inforce grammer take a look at what you wrote pal so dont even start with me

all i gotta say is if u don't clean up, u will see my foot up u r ass

So before you tell me to read that section you might wanna read it yourself pal!

Last edited by 0fourSTI; 06-13-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: i dont want a foot up my ass ouch
#38 Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
And for some reason you got all upset do you have a stupid bov or did your mom buy your car
#39 Old 06-13-2008, 01:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Just read those last two posts... I see a second non-bot user banned in the near future, no offense dude. Obviously mosc was mocking you using the same grammar that you were using, if you can't see that, then i'm sorry...

edit- It makes me chuckle when people try to talk smack and they reuse the same lines over and over and over....

edit- I like how you underlined words that are mis-spelled in mosc's mocking statement, but you didn't even take the time to underline ALL of the mis-spelled and un-capitalized words.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily

Last edited by SuBeast; 06-13-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: edited
#40 Old 06-13-2008, 01:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
You cant use a bov with a draw threw system!!!!
You can use a a bov with a blow by system!!!!

Enough!!!
#41 Old 06-13-2008, 04:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
mocking me lol yeah nice try covering for him and do you think i care if i get banned there are plenty of other sites out there. and you must have no life if you even care how i wanna spell my words lol. im sorry i just must have hit a swore spot with people who have bov because they think they are bad ass or the fact their mom prob bought them there car lol clowns...... im sorry to all the cool kids on this site who actually know a thing or 2 about cars and buy them on there on. but dont harrass me for my opinions i have that right its called we live in america
#42 Old 06-16-2008, 04:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

bluetaxi is an unknown
by the way, do the MAF of the USA model is diffrent from a EDM & JDM model too? & most of the cars we hv it boost up to ~ 1.5 to 1.7 bar.

off topic: Come on people, here we just talk about a small BOV item. what if we talk about the engine or the whole car... & have to start to shot each other with guns??

Last edited by bluetaxi; 06-16-2008 at 10:00 PM.