boost spike - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
boost spike

is there any definitive way to cure boost spike with the 2.5's?
everybody i talk to says something different
gm bcs
prodrive bcs
adjust wastegate arm
port wastegate
go ewg
bleed type mbc
im only spiking 2 psi over my target to 19.5. but i just want to give a shot at fixing it so i dont wear the seals out on my td04. otherwise my car runs fine according to logs and i get no fuel cut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-24-2008, 11:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

sfelix818 is more helpful than not
Only time you have to worry about boost creep is if your running a catless dp, but I dont see that you are in your mods list. To answer your question go to cobb.com and they have a restictor pill fix for boost creep, or get a good tune/somekind of em (only need this if you running a catless dp) other than that you should have no isue with boost creep. It just may be you boost gauge acting up. what kind of gauge do you have?
#3 Old 05-25-2008, 09:14 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
The stock bcs does not do very well at higher boost levels.Even the 2.0L's have problems with the stock BCS when running higher boost pressures (18psi +).This of corse can be a problem with the 2.5L WRX's when your running that high of boost pressure regardless of you have a catted DP or not.The stock BCS can't bleed the air off fast enough.Get a 3 port BCS.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#4 Old 05-25-2008, 09:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Don't adjust the WG arm unless your at your tuners and they can alter the map. You can use a combo of a 3port bcs, ported WG, and a tune for the bcs and that should solve the problem. You're not spiking badly but like myself you also want your car to run as best it can.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#5 Old 05-25-2008, 09:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Get a 3 port BCS.
Yeah, not to mention your tuner should be able to make the TD-04 spool a bit sooner with it. It will help hold boost much better as dumdum said.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#6 Old 07-05-2008, 09:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subistrong is an unknown
boost creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfelix818 View Post
Only time you have to worry about boost creep is if your running a catless dp, but I dont see that you are in your mods list. To answer your question go to cobb.com and they have a restictor pill fix for boost creep, or get a good tune/somekind of em (only need this if you running a catless dp) other than that you should have no isue with boost creep. It just may be you boost gauge acting up. what kind of gauge do you have?
i had the same problem all i did was swap my boost lines with a buddie that had a 2003 wrx off his old turbo and i havent had a overboost problem yet!