and can it be used on the 06 WRX?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2008, 11:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
It's mainly used on anything with variable valve timing. Such as: Honda's VTEC and i-VTEC, toyota/scion's VVT-i / VVTL-i, mistubishi's MIVEC, and Subaru has something too, can't remember the abbreviation though.

It looks like it fits only the 04-07 STi's and 08 WRX/STi.

here's the link for you
Throttle Controller : Blitz, Power Site

edit- Ouch, the price tag is HIGH!

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily

Last edited by SuBeast; 11-20-2008 at 04:05 PM.
#3 Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Subaru's is called Active Valve Control System, or AVCS.

older wrx's are drive by cable, so that's why this wouldn't work on one (well, I guess it could control the cruise control!)

I don't know why the 06 wrx is not listed, since it is, to my knowledge, drive by wire (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If I'm right, throttle control should be virtually identical to an sti.
#4 Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by WReXd View Post
Subaru's is called Active Valve Control System, or AVCS.

older wrx's are drive by cable, so that's why this wouldn't work on one (well, I guess it could control the cruise control!)

I don't know why the 06 wrx is not listed, since it is, to my knowledge, drive by wire (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If I'm right, throttle control should be virtually identical to an sti.
There we go!

Yeah, I figured the 06-07 WRX's should have been listed, since they have the AVCS...

Do the 02-05 WRX's have the AVCS???

-I just checked wikipedia and they say it's got electric throttle control system. I assume that's drive-by-wire.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#5 Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Jesus Christ Subeast.....you linked right to the product and didn't even bother to read the product discription.It has nothing to do with the AVCS.That product acts like the SI drive in the new 08 STi.It allows you to manipulate the throttle signal in DBW cars.It is a worthless piece of junk considering the price of it and what it realy does compared to purchasing real engine management.Stop giving technical advise.....

2005 Subaru WRX STi - Import & Tuner Cars - Turbo & High-Tech Performance
It's What Makes a Subaru, a Subaru: Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE)

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#6 Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WReXd View Post
Dumdum, are 06-07 WRX DBW?

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD

Last edited by mosc; 11-20-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: because I was wrong
#7 Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
All 2.5L WRX's are DBW and the 04+ STi's are.Even the Forresters and LGT's are as well but I forget which years they were converted.Best bet it to contact Blitz if you really want one but any engine management retunes the DBW throttle sensitivity along with a hundred other things that the Blitz controller does not.

#8 Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBeast View Post
Do the 02-05 WRX's have the AVCS???
In the US, no. In Japan, yes.
#9 Old 12-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Isn't drive by wire one with a throttle cable and it's not if it has electronic throttle (no throttle cable)
#10 Old 12-31-2008, 08:19 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
Isn't drive by wire one with a throttle cable and it's not if it has electronic throttle (no throttle cable)
"Drive by wire" is the electronic throttle,no cable involved.

#11 Old 01-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I belive you, but when I hear drive by wire I associate the term wire with throttle cable for some reason.Thats weird
#12 Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
I belive you, but when I hear drive by wire I associate the term wire with throttle cable for some reason.Thats weird
"Drive by wire" is an actual automotive industry term.

Drive by wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic Throttle Control (Drive By Wire or Fly By Wire)

#13 Old 01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
In Short: DBW involves your pedal and electric sensor to adjust your throttle. Your thinking of DBC a.k.a. Drive by cable. Where the pedal moves a cable that is directly connected to the throttlebody.