Best Turbo For 06-07 WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
Best Turbo For 06-07 WRX

I plan on getting somewhere close to 280-300hp and im still sort of confused on the subject of an upgraded turbo.Im guessing that it all depends on what your really going for but in your opinions which turbo do you think is the best(like if money was not an issue) and why? Also wouldnt the "best" turbo for an 06-07 wrx be different from that of an 02-05 wrx because of the displacement difference or does it all depend? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wow, thats kind of a vague question. Im not trying to beat you down or anything. I have been looking alot also, trying to decide what turbo to get or even consider getting. A good place to go that I found was blouchturbo.com. Check that site out, has several turbos to choose from and tells you a little about each. If you really want PM me and I can send you an email with some very good info about several types of turbos. Hope this helps some.

Joshua
#3 Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

redsuby is an unknown
get the FP 18G Turbo its 900$ i believe...i have this turbo and im puting down 331 whp but i also got some other mods done
#4 Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

PowerHouse is an unknown
it ALL depends on what you are using your car for, just like you said. however, if your goal is to purely hit 280-300whp than an 18/20g will do you just fine. BUT, if money wasn't an issue, than ppg gears first before the turbo. just for fun =)

Psychologist Extraordinaire
#5 Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

car_doper is an unknown
VF-39 ($400), STi intercooler ($200), and Cobb OTS map if you have an access port will get you there. If you don't have an access port, then the cost depends on your engine management for a protune.

An FP18g is a good turbo if you are wanting between 300whp-330whp range, and a FP20g is good for around 350whp. But all of this depends on your mods and your tune.
#6 Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
best turbo.
id say the blouch tdo6h 18g for daily driver/autox you can get 330 on pump gas and even more on race gas or with alky injection.

for a drag car thats daily driven or atleast street driven id say the gt30r. amazing top end but not a ridiculously slow spool. the gt35r is great too but better topend and slower spool.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
#7 Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 AM
i-w
WRXtuners Member

i-w is an unknown
didn't buschur racing make over 280 on the STI turbo and STI intercooler?

i think you need to set a goal for your car. then buy the parts that will help you achieve your gaol. you need to match the parts rather than toss this and that together and hope you get your goal.
#8 Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
Catless DP, no need for an UP, 3"out the ass, VF 39, drop in panel filter, and a good tune will have you shitting out 280 hp easily.

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
#9 Old 04-13-2007, 01:54 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
best turbo.
id say the blouch tdo6h 18g for daily driver/autox you can get 330 on pump gas and even more on race gas or with alky injection.

for a drag car thats daily driven or atleast street driven id say the gt30r. amazing top end but not a ridiculously slow spool. the gt35r is great too but better topend and slower spool.
The TD06 housing will have measurable lag on the EJ25, I'd go TD05 housing for an 18G... be careful if you go with an 18G option that you know which housing you get. The 06 flows more but has a lot more lag.

300whp is totally reasonable with that motor and you don't need a massive laggy turbo to get it. The TD05 housing 18G can deliver that power and still spool very quick.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#10 Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
i was checking out the vf34 and vf22. the vf34 is ball bearing and achieves boost like 500 rpm sooner but i hear is only good for almost 300whp, could this turbo do more? the vf22 sounds good only for top end and i can probly get about 320whp.and lots of you guys are sayin vf39.decisions, decisions. any personal input on these three turbos would be greatly appreciated. thanks