Subaru WRX Forum banner

Anything that I am missing

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  dumdum 
#1 ·
Whats going on guys haven't posted in a while before I start I would just like to say whats up to all and hope everyone has been alright. Here we go

Alright I am already a Stage 2 right, but since I have a few bucks saved up I would like to slap these mods on my car.

1.Perrin Light weight Crank Pulley
2.Injen Cold air Intake
3.Vf34
4.Injen FMIC
5.And then tunning it.

Am I going to have to get anything else for this set up?? The 06 Wrx already come with 550cc injectors right so they should be fine. Thanks

#4 ·
Not sure how much your setup is going to cost you but alternative option is.
Modded injectors and Walboro fuel pump.
Ebay FMIC which is supposedly identical to the TurboXS according to many on NASIOC.
A blouch 20G turbo with a new turbo inlet pipe.
I think this might be in the same range budget as your setup.

Oh and I say this again but Christian from Cobb did not make a VF34 map for the 06 WRX due to it being not as compatible or something along those lines.

#6 ·
Vew said:
I assuming you have engine management since you say you're at stage 2, but you should probably read the FAQ on why you shouldn't buy a cold air intake.

I already read the CAI thread, I know the good and bad but see I am not just installing a cai, I am upgrading my turbo and tunning it. Intakes hurt you IF you are not tuned for it.

Si or No??? lol

#10 ·
I would go with the intake since you are upgrading the turbo,getting a protune,and have a 2.5. The stock box is rated for about 350-375 crank hp.A 2.5 WRX with a turbo upgrade will easily outflow the stock box.There is a reason 95% of STi's use an intake. Once they do a TBE and tune they are out flowing the stock box.The 2.5 WRX isn't far behind.

#13 ·
S.M.06Rex said:
I already read the CAI thread, I know the good and bad but see I am not just installing a cai, I am upgrading my turbo and tunning it. Intakes hurt you IF you are not tuned for it.

Si or No??? lol
I agree, but it won't benifit you either. The stock set up now will get you air just as cold as the air in your fender. Just trying to save you some $.

#19 ·
Vew said:
I've rarely seen people break the 280whp mark on a good tune with the VF34. Most people I see get up to ~265whp. Again, the stock airbox with a high flow filter will work just as well unless he goes bigger.
Those are the kind of #'s a 2.0L pumps out with a VF34.He has a 2.5 not a 2.0.The biggest bottleneck on the 2.5 WRX is the stock TDO4-13T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.