anyone have an spt intake walkthrough - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-08-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Z/WRX is an unknown
anyone have an spt intake walkthrough

Well due to the stock air box back clips starting to crack I'm thinking of just replacing it with an SPT intake. Not looking for big hp as it's only got the spt cat back and cobb ap stage I ( 06 WRX). I've been trying to locate a walkthrough on the install of the intake to make sure it's something that I can do myself rather than pay the dealer. I'm fairly competent with my hands and tools. I did the install of the CB myself, oil changes, and various other things on my other two cars. However, I've been unsuccesful in locating a write up with pics or a video on the install or anything. So if someone could link me to one or post one that would be great.

Secondly, does anyone know if I need to reset my ECU after the install if I already have stage I flashed? Do I just need to reflash? If I disconnect the battery termial does it go back to the stock ECU settings or my stage I settings? Thanks

77 280z, 84 300zx, 06 WRX TR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-08-2008, 10:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
The install is really straight forward.

Disconnect battery

swap over MAF

install bracket, and connect hose

If you have flashed the ECU to Stg 1 it will stay stg 1.

▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #3 of 21 Old 03-09-2008, 08:29 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
No offense but if installing an intake seems complicated maybe you should pay for installation. Just playing wit ya. Google is your friend
Free Publications > Accessory Installation Guides Listed as 2007 part #SOA8431000
Subaru Drive Performance Magazine : SPT High Flow Air Intake And Exhaust Systems

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #4 of 21 Old 03-09-2008, 12:03 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
the biggest thing is that you have to make sure when you put in the MAF sensor that the plug is facing towards the front of the car

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #5 of 21 Old 03-09-2008, 12:05 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
No offense but if installing an intake seems complicated maybe you should pay for installation. Just playing wit ya. Google is your friend
Free Publications > Accessory Installation Guides Listed as 2007 part #SOA8431000
Subaru Drive Performance Magazine : SPT High Flow Air Intake And Exhaust Systems
your sir are the search master, that first link is great

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #6 of 21 Old 03-09-2008, 03:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
Haha, +1 to search master

D-Rock
Under constant pressure
post #7 of 21 Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
your sir are the search master, that first link is great
2 minutes on Google found that

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #8 of 21 Old 03-13-2008, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Big B is an unknown
installing the spt intake was actually a bitch. You have to put the trim on the heat shield which was very frustrating, but other than that it wasnt too hard.
post #9 of 21 Old 03-13-2008, 08:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

96accord is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 96accord Send a message via Yahoo to 96accord
I am a noob and found it easy with some guidance from the info only

~Jeff~
post #10 of 21 Old 03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

tnot is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
Well due to the stock air box back clips starting to crack I'm thinking of just replacing it with an SPT intake. Not looking for big hp as it's only got the spt cat back and cobb ap stage I ( 06 WRX). I've been trying to locate a walkthrough on the install of the intake to make sure it's something that I can do myself rather than pay the dealer. I'm fairly competent with my hands and tools. I did the install of the CB myself, oil changes, and various other things on my other two cars. However, I've been unsuccesful in locating a write up with pics or a video on the install or anything. So if someone could link me to one or post one that would be great.

Secondly, does anyone know if I need to reset my ECU after the install if I already have stage I flashed? Do I just need to reflash? If I disconnect the battery termial does it go back to the stock ECU settings or my stage I settings? Thanks
How do you like the Cobb stage 1? Noticeable gains?
post #11 of 21 Old 03-14-2008, 08:28 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I ran Cobb Stage 1 for about 4 months before I deployed. I loved every minute directly after the installation. Smoother, quicker power. I even picked up a couple miles on the gas, when I was able to control my right foot.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #12 of 21 Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

tnot is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I ran Cobb Stage 1 for about 4 months before I deployed. I loved every minute directly after the installation. Smoother, quicker power. I even picked up a couple miles on the gas, when I was able to control my right foot.
Sounds good--worth the money, power-wise? I'd like to think this is my next mod. Is the flash back undetectable (I'd heard everything after '05 was easily picked up by dealership scanners).

Where did you deploy to? And thank you--it is honorable work serving our country. Hats of to you and the rest of the forces in active duty!!
post #13 of 21 Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnot View Post
Sounds good--worth the money, power-wise? I'd like to think this is my next mod. Is the flash back undetectable (I'd heard everything after '05 was easily picked up by dealership scanners).

Where did you deploy to? And thank you--it is honorable work serving our country. Hats of to you and the rest of the forces in active duty!!
I believe that the AP was worth every penny. Its not like you are paying that price to just use it once, you know like for stage 2 and even different types of maps for a certain setup. Plus the other features on it, and its size is nice also. Like I said, I enjoyed the car so much more right after the stage 1 flash. More boost, sooner, and smoother power dilivery. As far as the dealership picking up on it, I dont know. It saves your exact stock map from your ECU onto the AP so you can put it back. I took my car in several times and they never said a thing (but I didnt have warranty work done).

Im currently in my 10 month in northern Iraq (my second tour). Thanks for the compliments and appreciation. I hope I answered your question. If I didnt ask away.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #14 of 21 Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

SUPERBAD is an unknown
i am looking to install a short ram intake, prob SPT, i seen a few on ebay. question, any problems with check engine light with the extra air coming in?

Christopher , Newbie and I Want To Learn!
post #15 of 21 Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
the SPT intake is made for our subaru's they will not give check engine lights or anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement