air intake, drop in - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 Old 06-09-2006, 01:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

azul89 is an unknown
COuld someone please email me on how to reset the stock ecu at guitarbanshee89@aim.com
then I will give another email address to really send the contents to.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 Old 06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Shoaf
To reset your ECU pull your Negative Battery Cable, then press the brake peddle for 15 seconds or so to drain all the (lingering voltage) out of the system.. Reconnect your Negative battery terminal and your done.. Well, until you notice your clock and radio presets are all messed up..
On page one of this thread

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #33 of 53 Old 06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

beez is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to beez
Don't worry he started a new thread asking the same question.
post #34 of 53 Old 06-09-2006, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris Rx is an unknown
since you guys were on the intake topic, i thought i would tell you guys.
i went to the strip 2 times, first time me vs. 05 wrx with turboback, cold air, ecutek(i think it was, he thinks they say they installed but really didnt, never found out if he got his money back).

anyways, he ran 15.5 all night, finally hitting a 14.9 on his last run. i ran with just turboback, k&n drop in, helix uppipe and ran 14.4 all night.

same story on a 04 rex with cold air intake, spt exhaust, running 15.3+, a 02 rex with 17 psi (or 16 cant remember) with catback best was a 14.4. he had a stock intake just like me......
just thought i would share that with you guys, peace

(o yea, the elevation calculator says 14.4 = 13.89 if we were at sea level.)

ps. sti with fmic ran 14.4 all night. and evo.... lol.... evo with exhaust(15.0, diped into the 14's), this guy needs to get himself a honda and learn how to drive. i was spankin him all night as well. our cars own if u can get them off the line.... without breaking anything !Laugh!

Last edited by 9d2TSi; 06-09-2006 at 07:52 PM.
post #35 of 53 Old 06-09-2006, 06:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

bradley03 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
Ditch the stock resonator/snorkus and stick one of these in.You will get alittle more sound and some faster spool up with the high flow filter in.

They sell them at most Autozones for $15.Reset your ECU after you put one in.

Do you know the part # for this?

-Brad
05 wrx sti
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #36 of 53 Old 06-09-2006, 07:37 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rx
since you guys were on the intake topic, i thought i would tell you guys.
i went to the strip 2 times, first time me vs. 05 wrx with turboback, cold air, ecutek(i think it was, he thinks they say they installed but really didnt, never found out if he got his money back).

anyways, he ran 15.5 all night, finally hitting a 14.9 on his last run. i ran with just turboback, k&n drop in, helix uppipe and ran 14.4 all night.

same story on a 04 rex with cold air intake, spt exhaust, running 15.3+, a 02 rex with 17 psi (or 16 cant remember) with catback best was a 14.4. he had a stock intake just like me......
just thought i would share that with you guys, peace

(o yea, the elevation calculator says 14.4 = 13.89 if we were at sea level.)
Unfortunatly all of this means nothing because the drivers are a big variable here.

post #37 of 53 Old 06-09-2006, 08:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris Rx is an unknown
also i just realized i was in the 05-06 cars, sorry
post #38 of 53 Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

nbr1echo is an unknown
Cel

Hey guys, I saw you started discussing the AI. I just placed a Fujita CAI in mine and reset the sensor. I didn't put my foot on the brake but it did reset it. For some reason though, after a couple hours or so, the CEL comes back on again. So, I reset it again. Then it comes back on "again" Kinda frustrating actually. Any ideas? Pershiate it
post #39 of 53 Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr1echo
Hey guys, I saw you started discussing the AI. I just placed a Fujita CAI in mine and reset the sensor. I didn't put my foot on the brake but it did reset it. For some reason though, after a couple hours or so, the CEL comes back on again. So, I reset it again. Then it comes back on "again" Kinda frustrating actually. Any ideas? Pershiate it
The intake is causing the CEL.Have you tried getting it scanned to find out what code it is?Have you read this?The CAI arguement explained...

post #40 of 53 Old 08-04-2006, 02:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

sekretskwirl is an unknown
Wink Anyone tried a Blitz Drop in?

...they're supposedly made of special cotton and need no oil...i've been told many times over oiled filters contaminate the MAF sensor over time.

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle
post #41 of 53 Old 08-04-2006, 05:55 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekretskwirl
...they're supposedly made of special cotton and need no oil...i've been told many times over oiled filters contaminate the MAF sensor over time.
If you clean the oiled ones properly there is no trouble with them.The Blitz ,one according to their website,is not a washable filter.I remeber you talking about getting a turbo upgrade and tune.I would go ahead and get an intake like the K&N since you have a 2.5 you will be out flowing the stock airbox pretty easilly.If you are still worried about oil switch the K&N filter out on the intake with the AEM dryflow filter.

post #42 of 53 Old 08-04-2006, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Alot of the time when people have problems with washable/reuseable filters, it's because they put too much oil back on it. I can't say that it's always like that, but alot of the time it is. My Perrin was soaked with oil when I bought it. I had to wipe alot of it off before installing it. I opened it and was like...

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #43 of 53 Old 09-16-2006, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

sekretskwirl is an unknown
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
If you clean the oiled ones properly there is no trouble with them.The Blitz ,one according to their website,is not a washable filter.I remeber you talking about getting a turbo upgrade and tune.I would go ahead and get an intake like the K&N since you have a 2.5 you will be out flowing the stock airbox pretty easilly.If you are still worried about oil switch the K&N filter out on the intake with the AEM dryflow filter.
Thanks DD for waking me up..as time goes by more and more mods show up in the 'install pile' so be it:K&N or comparable set-up. The oil issue is mute for sure STAC' if you stay away from overoiling.

I'm Buggie for Bugeyes
Danielle
post #44 of 53 Old 09-19-2006, 05:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Flat 4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley03
The STI filter is good but nowhere near worth the $60 price tag. I would go for the K&N or the Perrin.
I went with a K&N on my car. I noticed no difference in performance. Maybe just a slightly better throttle response.
post #45 of 53 Old 09-19-2006, 07:16 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat 4
I went with a K&N on my car. I noticed no difference in performance. Maybe just a slightly better throttle response.
You won't see a gain untill you get to the point where the stock filter was becoming a restriction.I its all about how much air you are moving.