In addition to stage 2... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

S.O.V is an unknown
Alright, thanks for the heads up, might be kind of hard finding a good tuner in CT, but I will look around. I guess I'll opt for the pulley, tmic + hoses, and the bcs. With a tune that should put me somewhere around 260whp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 06-14-2009, 01:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.V View Post
Alright, thanks for the heads up, might be kind of hard finding a good tuner in CT, but I will look around. I guess I'll opt for the pulley, tmic + hoses, and the bcs. With a tune that should put me somewhere around 260whp?

Company Name: EFI Logics
Tuner Names:Chris
Phone: 203.748.1115
Website:EFI Logics - Performance Tuning and Dyno facility Connecticut - SCT Dyno Tuning, Cobb AccessPort, ProTuner, ProTuning, Mustang Tuning, Subaru Tuning. Connecticuts Best Tuning facility in the Northeast. Superchips custom tuning, EFI Tuning, car tuning
Dyno Type: DynoPack

Company Name: The Shop
Tuner Names: Junior
Phone: 203-847-5791
Dyno Type: Dyno Dynamics

Don't know how close these guys are either:

Company Name: Innovative Tuning
Tuner Names: Mike
Phone: 716-873-7360
Website: Innovative Tuning - Performance Parts, Service & Engine Tuning
Dyno Type: street tune or street tune/dyno tune on Dyno Dynamics or DynoJet (customer choice)

Company Name: AutoMaster of Westchester (AMR)
Tuner Names: Rob
Phone: (914) 381-5460
Website: Auto Master AMR - Home of the Worlds Highest Horsepower Stock ECU Daily Driven STi
Dyno Type: Dyno Dynamics

Company Name: Hudson Historics
Tuner Names:
Phone: 914-941-8559

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#18 Old 06-14-2009, 03:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
it depends on how aggressive your tune is as well as many other factors. a stage 2 tune is typically an additional 50-60whp over the stock ~180whp. to get 260whp you would need to to do everything before a stage 3 (larger turbo with supporting mods). such as turbo inlet, larger intercooler, injectors/fuel pump. etc.
#19 Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
It also depends on the type of dyno, the altitude the temp, ALOT of things. Numbers are numbers. As long as the car pulls good and rives good, what more could you ask for (other than the obvious of more parts, bigger turbo, etc.)?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#20 Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

dmcutter is an unknown
After rereading this post, I am a little confused. I'm about to pull the trigger on a TBE and AP for my '06 WRX. If there are small mods that i could piggyback on the OTS stage 2 map, I would like to make them at this time. I'm thinking specifically 3 port BCS and IC hoses. Cobb's site says that the OTS map can handle some other mods such as cold air intake; would I actually derive a benefit from the two mods I mentioned without a protune, or should I just hold off on other mods until I get that done? Eventually I'm thinking turbo inlet and TGV delete in addition to the IC hoses and BCS. In the primer on BCS it said you have to toss your stock map if you make that mod, but I don't know whether the OTS map will accommodate that. Last question-what is a good, accurate, and reasonably priced boost gauge?

Thanks
#21 Old 07-20-2009, 08:21 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Dave, you cant add the 3 port and use a stock stage 2 map, it wont work, Cobbs ITS map is designed with the stock 2 port in mind. The IC hoses should be fine, just a smoother flow and less likely to collapse under heavy load.

As far as gauges go, that depends on your budget. I have read so many good reviews about defi, but then look at the prices and seems a bit much. I have also seen in person and read many great reviews about the prosport gauges also. Probably the best ones if you are a budget. Heres the link: Prosport Gauges - Boost gauges, Wideband Air Fuel Ratio, 80mm tachometers, 80mm Boost gauges,Oil pressure gauges, peak warning Gauges. Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Gauges, 45mm gauges

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 07-20-2009, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

dmcutter is an unknown
Danke
#23 Old 07-20-2009, 09:42 PM

No problem man, thats what we are here for.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#24 Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Look into a ported and polished intake manifold as well. Wrap your DP.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#25 Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

04wrxhart is an unknown
I was going to suggest wrapping your DP. It traps the hot exhaust gasses in the pipe allowing them to escape faster. You could also put a turbo blanket on your turbo. They're anywhere form $90-$150. Again they trap the exhaust gasses on the hot side of the turbo allowing them to escape faster.

Have you looked into Grimmspeeds TGV deletes and header PNPing service ? You get rebates when you send your stock parts back into them. I will probably go this route myself because I dont mind keeping my wrx stage 2. Just remember that an engine that dosnt have to work hard to breath is a happy engine.
#26 Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
so wait...from reading a few posts up...if I'm going to take my car up to stage 2, is a protune REALLY that much better than an AP?
#27 Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplnmdls View Post
so wait...from reading a few posts up...if I'm going to take my car up to stage 2, is a protune REALLY that much better than an AP?
A protune is a night and day difference from the generic OTS map for the AP. The AP map is better than stock but is still a safe map for every car that it gets put on. Every car reacts differently to mods and a protune is specific for your car.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#28 Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 PM

Exactly what Kjott21 said. I have been running the stage 2 OTS map for a year with no problems, but there is till power to be made over it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#29 Old 07-30-2009, 05:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Al and Dynoflash are in CT..... Give him a call..... IF you can't find another you want to use.... He knows his poop.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#30 Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

04blusrt_4 is an unknown
For over a grand wouldnt a meth injection kit benefit him WAY more than a tmic? The alchy injection easily cools the air charge as much as the intercooler, plus it adds octane to allow for a more aggressive boost and timing curve, of course that means he would need a tune.

As far as turbo blankets......youre basically begging to coke the oil by superheating the chra. wrapping the dp is not as bad an idea, but he already has a tbe, so i doubt there is SO much backpressure that he needs the added velocity from the heat, IMO.

Just a thought...