AccessPort or No?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

Phatnucca is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Phatnucca
AccessPort or No??

Well I have a 2007 WRX TR. I bought the car used with 8K miles on it and it already had an Invidia TBE on it, and a Cobb Shifter. Everyone says I should have a CEL for having catless DP but I don't. They said I need to get an AccessPort and run the stage 2 map. But, I don't know if I already have it or not. No CEL but my boost seems stock and hits Cut every now and then on cold nights at only like .09 on my Stock boost gauge. Any idea's?

-Joe

07 WRX TR-12.7@106
Invidia Catless DP,Invidia Catback,SPT Intake,Stage2Protuned,Large TMIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-26-2008, 11:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Get an AccessPORT or another tune asap.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 11-28-2008, 06:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Phatnucca is an unknown
So you think I may have some sort of tune already? Since I don't have a CEL? Anyone else have any idea's?

07 WRX TR-12.7@106
#4 Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
I've heard of people putting tbe on and not getting any cel's..it does happen.

12.7 @ 109
#5 Old 11-28-2008, 02:04 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
They either got lucky and didnt tune it, put a CEL fix on it, or it has some crappy tune maybe. A Cobb AP is nice, there are many who like it, and just as many who dont. I personally love my AP, have had it for almost 2 yrs now, recently switching to stage 2 about a month ago. By "cut" do you mean boost cut or fuel cut?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Virgil072 is an unknown
I have heard of that, talked to a dude at the local midnight car guys gathering down in town and he mentioned he got great improvements but ended up running solid 13.9's the whole night. He was hitting his fuel cut off hard. If I remember right the TR's have a fuel cut off I just dont know at what boost/rpm its cut.
#7 Old 12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

THR3E11EVEN is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to THR3E11EVEN
I'm catless with my 07 and never got the CEL. I've still got my stock o2 sensor plugged into my DP. I'm tuned w Romraider. I used to have the Accessport but you save a lot of money by going with opensource tuning. You can do pretty much anything with a laptop and a tactrix cable that you can with the AP. To some people having the small device for flashing maps and datalogging is more convenient than using your laptop. I think stock fuel cut is between 18-20psi. My fuel cut is set at 23psi with my opensource tune. You also save on custom tunes through openecu vs. Protunes through the AP. Just search NASIOC and make an educated decision on which method of ECU tuning you'd like to choose, but I would definately get a custom tune for your specific car and mods. IMO, don't settle for OTS.

Dub-R-X
#8 Old 12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
The short answer to your statement Thr3e11even is that your tuned. Romraider took care of the CELs. They were talking about being catless and no tune at all.
#9 Old 12-17-2008, 02:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Phatnucca is an unknown
Well I hit fuel cut in mine if I start low in 3rd or on it in 4th. if stock cut is 18psi then i am hitting that boost mark with no cel. Damn I wish I knew if I was tuned!

07 WRX TR-12.7@106
#10 Old 12-17-2008, 05:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Stock for the 07 isnt 18PSI, I cant recall off my head ( I think around 11-13 PSI somewhere). But I hit just hit under 18 PSI in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear with my Cobb OTS Stage 2 91 OCT map.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#11 Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

I actually didn't disable the code for being catless through RomRaider. It actually came on a couple weeks ago after getting a car wash and the water freezing/tripping the o2 sensor (my conclusion to the problem) I reset the battery, the code went away, and I haven't had it back. It has been several hundred miles since.
And I know stock BOOST isn't 18psi. Stock boost for a wrx is ~11.6 and ~13 something for the STi IIRC. I think the stock fuel cut is somewhere close to there. I don't know what the AP bumps fuel cut to with their OTS stage 2 maps.

Dub-R-X
#12 Old 12-21-2008, 11:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
stolen straight from mosc, stock psi levels.

WRX 02-05 = 13.5 psi
WRX 06-07 = 11.5 psi
STi 04-06 = 14.5 psi
#13 Old 12-22-2008, 09:30 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by THR3E11EVEN View Post
I actually didn't disable the code for being catless through RomRaider.
Are you using a premade map?Also there is more than one code for the each O2 sensor.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#14 Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

No. Custom map for my car. I was referring to p2096 and p0420 for rear o2 btw.

Dub-R-X
#15 Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
I have a 2006 wrx and put a TBE on while my Cobb AP was in the mail. I didn't get a CEL when I installed the exhaust. But when I flashed the car it made a huge difference. It sounds like your not tuned if your saying the turbo cuts off that sounds more like boost creep. If it is tuned with an AP and you don't have it then someone owes you an AP because it's married to the car. I would bring it to a tuner and have them look/work on it.