240hp with 2006 wrx? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
STi_from_DSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 369
Images: 6
STi_from_DSM is an unknown
A regular subie comes stock with 225 base. With a downpipe/exhaust/K&N I doubt you would come anywhere close to 240 awhp. I figure youd run around 170 awhp stock. If you do go with a different turbo you have to get a new clutch, and if you get a new clutch you need a new tranny (To be on the safe side) Then you might as well go all out and get performance everything. You said youre on a budget, so id say that means dont upgrade it anymore than possible on your budget. You will need a new fuel pump, start with that. Upgrade the small stuff that youll need eventually and then save your money for the big stuff.
STi_from_DSM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 25 Old 09-15-2007, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
605wrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 137
Images: 3
605wrx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_from_DSM View Post
I figure youd run around 170 awhp stock.
I think the base # on the 06s are higher as far as whp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_from_DSM View Post
If you do go with a different turbo you have to get a new clutch
the stock clutch will hold up for a while(depending on the type of driving the size of the turbo and driver).
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_from_DSM View Post
if you get a new clutch you need a new tranny (To be on the safe side)
the 06s do have a stronger tranny (in comparison to previous years) and with a street clutch kit it should be fine (again, depending on the type of driving the size of the turbo and driver).
605wrx is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 158
koolpaul1082 is an unknown
the kid has an 06, the stock whp is more like 190. like i said before he would be hard pressed to reach 240whp w/o upgrading his turbo.
koolpaul1082 is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
VD5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 905
Images: 6
VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
shouldnt he get an up pipe for his car before he gets it dyno
VD5505 is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 09-18-2007, 11:00 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23
RedWingKoz is an unknown
From what I know, he doesn't really need an uppipe with an 06. The 06 uppipe is catless and is fine until you really start looking into much more horespower.
RedWingKoz is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 158
koolpaul1082 is an unknown
exactly, the stock one is more than enough for now and the money is better well spent elsewhere!
koolpaul1082 is offline  
post #22 of 25 Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 924
shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_from_DSM View Post
A regular subie comes stock with 225 base. With a downpipe/exhaust/K&N I doubt you would come anywhere close to 240 awhp. I figure youd run around 170 awhp stock. If you do go with a different turbo you have to get a new clutch, and if you get a new clutch you need a new tranny (To be on the safe side) Then you might as well go all out and get performance everything. You said youre on a budget, so id say that means dont upgrade it anymore than possible on your budget. You will need a new fuel pump, start with that. Upgrade the small stuff that youll need eventually and then save your money for the big stuff.

He doesent need to get a new clutch

achavez---
. Just keep the stock clutch. Stock tranny, stock clutch

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
shamrock is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 09-19-2007, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
2006wrxturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 23
2006wrxturbo is an unknown
i dynoed at 205 whp and 240wtq on a dynojet dyno. don't know if those read high or not. i'm pretty much stock. just a CBE, Y pipe, k&n drop in filter. a pro-tuned stage 2 06/07 should be right around 240whp from what i've seen. check some of the dyno videos on youtube. worried about my tranny going at those power levels. although, i've heard that an OTS cobb VF39 map torque curve is less likely to blow 2nd or 3rd gear. anyone hear of this?
2006wrxturbo is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old 09-19-2007, 10:21 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,245
WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
the torque doesnt blow up the tranny the driver missusing the torque does.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
WRXKidid775 is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
605wrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 137
Images: 3
605wrx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006wrxturbo View Post
i dynoed at 205 whp and 240wtq on a dynojet dyno. don't know if those read high or not. i'm pretty much stock. just a CBE, Y pipe, k&n drop in filter. a pro-tuned stage 2 06/07 should be right around 240whp from what i've seen. check some of the dyno videos on youtube. worried about my tranny going at those power levels. although, i've heard that an OTS cobb VF39 map torque curve is less likely to blow 2nd or 3rd gear. anyone hear of this?
Dynojet dynos are pretty accurate. Your tranny will be fine as long as you don't drive like a jackass, pretty much what WRXKidid775 said. It gets old hearing how "weak" suby tranny's are, they aren't that bad, a lot of the time it's the drivers that suck. Congrats on the tq #s.
605wrx is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On