Subaru WRX Forum banner

2007 Wrx wagon downpipe

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
Newbie to the subies, wondering what the best downpipe for my car would be, catted, straight, etc. and an explanation as to why would be nice because I am interested in learninf

#3 ·
@titter, thanks for reposting my thread.

Im gonna add another point for CObb but only catted downpipes. I love their weld quality and I like the belmouth pipe. I also like that I can see through their high flow CAT so I feel like it flows better than some of their competitors. Its also nice that it has the OE dognut gasket on the end so you can keep using your stock midpipe and catback if you choose.

The performance gains with any high flow down pipe (and and appropriate tune )will be considerable. Without a tune for your new downpipe the ECU will try to compensate for the extra flow to return you to stock power levels often causing poor running conditions. Whenever you change the intake or exhaust path you should tune. //Hippy rant// catted vs catless is more of an environmental question anyway, the increase in airflow between a high flow catted vs catless pipe is so minimal its statistically negligable. If everyone just did their part and ran at least 1 CAT we could make the plant a better place for our kids. //end hippy rant//

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.