2006 WRX stock midpipe replacement? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

cavingman is an unknown
2006 WRX stock midpipe replacement?

I've had a megan racing catback on my 06 for about 4 years now. Well, about 2 months ago, one of the hangers on the muffler broke off. Sunday, the other broke off, and so I decided to replace it with my stock catback. Somehow I managed to lose the midpipe though, and the stock muffler wont bolt up as the lengths are slightly different (stock muffler goes past the flange for the megan midpipe).

At the point I'm just trying to find a cheap, viable replacement for the stock midpipe, and cant seem to find anything. Anyone have any ideas that will bolt up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Go to a shop and get the hangers welded back on... Won't cost more than $50 or so.

-Chris
post #3 of 5 Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

cavingman is an unknown
That was my first idea, they weren't in the rubber hangers anymore though. Have to assume they're laying in the middle of the road around philly somewhere :\

Is there somewhere to get just the megan axleback by itself somewhere? I might give megan racing a call as I cant locate it online anywhere...
post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2010, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm sure you could do that or even have an exhaust shop make some hangers... I did it on my old car with some steel rod, a cutoff wheel, and a torch. Had a welder too so I could do it all myself but it's super easy.

-Chris
post #5 of 5 Old 08-31-2010, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

cavingman is an unknown
the hangers left pretty big holes in the muffler where they broke off, and with PA having state inspection welding them closed will only be a temporary solution. think a replacement is my only option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement