18G Turbo Question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-29-2007, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06WRX Wag'n is an unknown
18G Turbo Question

I recently bought a 18G and I am not sure if I received the correct turbo. I wanted the TD06H 18G, but I think I got the TD05H.

The numbers on the turbo are.
14412AA092
49178-06310
TD05H

The numbers on the box are.
TD06SL2-18G-7

I do know that Forced Performance is now offering a hybrid of the 05H and 06H, which is what I think the numbers on the box represent. That would be ok with me, but the turbo says TD05H. Dose FP use the TD05H housing for the new hybrid? Or do I actually have a TD05H? Also how can I tell from the markings on the turbo exactlly what I have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-29-2007, 09:48 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
I would probably call FP or the vendor you bought it from to get the 100% correct info.Sounds like maybe you got the wrong turbo if it is stamped TD05H.Maybe some just made a mistake during packaging.Not sure if they swap out the hotside and wheel with a TDO6 or just bore out the TDO5H housing.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 4 Old 09-29-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

06WRX Wag'n is an unknown
I am hopping that it is just a packaging problem. The only problem with calling FP or the vendor is that they are both closed on Saturdays and I will be out of town for the next two weeks, which is going to make it difficult to get things resolved. I was hopping that someone in the forum has the same turbo or knows a lot about them and can tell me what I have. Then I could possibly have someone drop it off while I am gone and I can then go from there. Plus I just wan't the comfort of knowing exactlly what I have.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

subiedude33 is an unknown
### mods did you have to the WrX