06 Turbo Upgrade - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 08-22-2009, 02:25 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
It seemed that my uppipe might have been cross threaded from the factory maybe, thats what they think at the shop. Im running a slightly larger diameter aftermarket one now, supposedly helps with my spool. They would have had to change the studs in the stock up pipe because they were too short anyways, but apparently not all of them are like that. 750cc injectors should also do you just fine. Im running slightly over 60% if I recall on 20 PSI. Also start looking for some type of better splitter for your IC also, the stock splitter is useless now. Im taking mine off tomorrow, either going to eventually get a zerosports one, or make my own when I have the time to do it in my shop. Try and save up some cash for a 3port BCS and maybe (not absolutely needed) a BPV. I run the Perrin unit, its awesome (a few minor issues, but I have them resolved now, just not going into it here).

Srninjastar if you have any other questions about my setup and the ups and downs of it just PM me.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-22-2009, 03:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.V View Post
When does your 18g (blouch?) make boost, 3200? How well does it hold it till redline? Though I'm sure it holds boost better than the HTA68 on the top end, I do like the idea of fast spooling turbo that lets you feel the "punch" right around 3000
I have a Blouch TD05H-18G 8cm (all my mods are listed in my profile). I am at only 16PSI (18Gs don't really start to shine until 18PSI+) and hit peak boost by about 3000-3200rpm depending on the gear and hold it until my 7500rpm redline. It also makes 300whp all the way until 7000 rpm. However, I am running Kelford 264/264 cams which definitely helps. Also, I am still running the stock BCS so that probably hurts the boost response a little bit.

Here is my dyno chart for reference:

#33 Old 08-22-2009, 11:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
FP Green

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#34 Old 08-22-2009, 01:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
thanks new, will do
#35 Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
God lord...there's going to be a a lot of 20G 06-07 wrxs soon. LOL Look at what you started new...
#36 Old 08-23-2009, 06:18 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
And a little bird told me that theres a STI or so looking at them also lol

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#37 Old 08-23-2009, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
so i was lookn around online and found this tmic unit cxracing.com: Top Mount Intercooler w/ Y-Pipe Kit for 02-06 WRX STi , Includes Intercooler Piping Hose Clamp
it seems to be bigger than the turboxs and alot better on my wallet too. what do you guys think about it?