Subaru WRX Forum banner

06 Sti Rollover

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  basco 
#1 ·
so my buddy just called me and said a poor kid thought the definition of AWD was: take every corner at 100mph. and so he rolled his STI. He bought it and is put motor in a VW bug. LOL. but anyway he is wanting to part out the rest and I was wondering what I should get off of it.

I have a 06 wrx that has TBE, stage 2 accessport as the only performance mods.

Im guessing he is going to be getting a Front mount intercooler so I was planning on getting the intercooler and was also thinking about the guage cluster.

Anything else I should try for?

He is trying to part out the whole car if anyone wants anything. Its located in Grants Pass, Oregon. and I travel to eugene, corvallis and portland a lot. (I know this part should probably be in classifieds)

If anyone wants anything let me know. Im going to be going down there tomorrow so I could get some pictures and the prices of any parts.

#2 ·
What is salvagable from the car? The transmission? If you could get it from him for a good price thats probably one of the most sought after parts right there. Too bad Im not in WA anymore, I would think about making a trip depending on what was available.

#17 ·
You can use it with your stage 2 setup but you won't gain anything. You'd need a protune to see any gains. How much gain will you get? Well, you may want to do some other mods while you're at it. With the STi TMIC, a fuel pump, a decent 3-port BCS, and a good tune, you could see substantial gains across the powerband.

#18 ·
A new STI tranny usually runs around the $4K mark without DCCD. Just to put it into perspective. Then theres installation costs, probably upgrade the clutch/flywheel also and you would also need to buy a new short shifter if you had one for the 5spd.

#20 ·
you can't take the hubs, they're not compatible. You'd be replacing a whole lot of the drivetrain to switch to 5x114. You can take the brake calipers if you buy some 04 STi sized 5x100 rotors but you can't use the 05+ rotors on a WRX.

The rear diff if I recall is also not that simple. if you want the tranny and the hubs though, maybe you just go all out and pull the car's entire driveline. Not an easy swap though. You need lots of little things.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.