05 sti newbie.. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-29-2004, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BE@ST is an unknown
Talking 05 sti newbie..

well it finaly happend i finaly got the car of my dreams... my 05 platnium silver sti.. it is the greatest thing in the world....i have been a fan of this car for many years...i love it....i find my self after only 5 days of owning it wanting to already install a BOV.. i was looking at the TXS and i thnk that is the one that i really want to go with is this a wise decision??? i also want to do full intake and exhaust ..right now what is the best intake and what is the best and exhaust.. i have some preferances but i would love the feed back.. I.E. what exhaust is the loudest what is the best bang for the buck what is the best for daily driving what is the best all around.. i only want the best... that will increase the HP and TQ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-29-2004, 11:22 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
If you only want power, then an intake won't help you. Read the FAQ's and do a search on intakes and exhaust. The loudest is probably between the ATR, Blitz NUR Spec, HKS Hyper ti, and TXS RFL. The key to power in the exhaust is a downpipe. Anything 3" and catless will be fine and it has to have a bellmouth or divorced wastegate. The TXS RFL BOV is a popular choice and its loud. Some people have had problems w/ the washers and such but I don't have any first hand experience w/ it. I have a HKS SSQV and its perfect IMO. Easy to install, works, sounds perfect. The UTEC by Turbo XS is also a smart upgrade because it gives you power and it gets the most power out of your future mods. Hope this helps...
post #3 of 15 Old 06-30-2004, 08:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Watch out for boost creep when it comes to downpipes and STis.
As for the BOV...go with the HKS...better build quality than the TXS.

Che
post #4 of 15 Old 06-30-2004, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BE@ST is an unknown
is thear a full turbo back exhaust available from HKS... and where is the best place to get the best prices??? my email is posted feel free to mail me...
post #5 of 15 Old 06-30-2004, 10:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Don't get the HKS downpipe, because it isn't worth the money. If you just want the sound then get their axle back. As for the best prices, try Ebay, NASIOC, Gruppe-S or just shop around.

Che
post #6 of 15 Old 06-30-2004, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BE@ST is an unknown
I want more HP rather than price im not worried about the price i want the best quality for the HP..... ?? any thing else
post #7 of 15 Old 06-30-2004, 03:19 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The HKS still blocks the wastegate off. Get a Helix, TXS, Perrin, Stromung or Cobb downpipe and match it with a catback that has the sound of your choice. There are more good DP's but those are what I can think of off the top of my head. And if you want power, get a UTEC or Accessport depending on your tuning route.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-03-2004, 02:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostin is an unknown
If you are going to get a full turbo-back make sure you port your turbo, otherwise you will get major boost creep. Also, have you driven an 04 STi? If you have how does the 05 compare to it. I just ordered an 05 and am very curious about the changes in the suspension and differential.

Boostin
post #9 of 15 Old 07-06-2004, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BE@ST is an unknown
thanks for the info... no i havent driven an 04 sti so i dont know what the changes are like...the struts are inverted and the sprongs are very stiff.... as for the dif. its great... awsome power transfer
post #10 of 15 Old 07-14-2004, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BE@ST is an unknown
question about sounds

ok i have an 05 sti what am i hearing when i am at speeds in excess of 85 to 100 . its a low kind of hum and only does it till i get to about 100 then it stops...... i thought it was the huge wing out back making that noise as it cuts thought the air but im not sure..
post #11 of 15 Old 07-15-2004, 10:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

SloRice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to SloRice
I've got a Godspeed DP and HKS Hyper Carbon/Ti catback. It is freakin MEAN sounding!! I love it...matches the aggressive nature of the car very nicely. It's also definately much louder than the TXS RFL turboback that IBAUCLAPla has on his wrx. But at the same time, on the highway, it doesn't really have any drone. Don't waste your time on an intake, it's not really needed yet. I'd also get a UTEC or accessport. But you will have to get the UTEC tuned. I have the Blitz SBD-ID boost controller on mine. We threw it on the dyno (Mustang Dyno) at work and at 17 psi, I made 275HP/285TQ. But I was running dirty dirty rich (11:1 at low rpm, richening up to 10.2:1 up top) UTEC is next on my list and I'm guessing I'm going to be right at 300/300 at the wheels after a tune.

That noise you hear is just the wind....probably from the mirrors or that big air dam you have in the middle of your hood.
post #12 of 15 Old 07-16-2004, 12:21 AM

Don't forget your catless and I have two cats...soon to be one hopefully!

And I can say his car does sound mean as hell but it is LOUD! But thats how I like it with that boxer growl.
post #13 of 15 Old 07-16-2004, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BE@ST is an unknown
whear did you get your parts from ie dp and exaust.. and is it street legal not to run cats.. cause texas has to have cats.... if it is loud and mean sounding i want to get it..... is it the big arse exhaust tip... like 4 or 5 inch... if thats the one im thinking of.. i want my sti to be loud i love it loud and lowrumble
post #14 of 15 Old 07-16-2004, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

SloRice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to SloRice
Well, I bought the car used with the mods on it already. But the downpipe obviously has to be bought from www.godspeedinc.com or bought used from ebay or nasioc. The HKS exhaust might be bought off ebay or nasioc for cheaper. The DP has not cats in it. But it has the mechanical CEL fix so you don't get a check engine light. We have emissions up here also and I went through it with no cats and it passed - because I'm not throwing the P0420 code and becuase they were drooling over the car so much that they forgot to do a visual inspection. They can't put it on the rollers because it's AWD, so they can't/don't do a sniffer test on the car. Here's a pic of the exhaust...

post #15 of 15 Old 07-16-2004, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BE@ST is an unknown
man thats bad ass how much is the car lowered... i need to lower min a lil.. its sitting in the clouds.... im used to driving body droped trucks..... lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement