05 sti mod questions - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-01-2010, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kramericaa is an unknown
05 sti mod questions

So Im looking for a used 05-06 sti to buy. I found a 05 all black sti with 53,000 miles. The guy said he would sell it to me for 19200 out the door (its at a dealer). I can tell he doesn't know much about sti's because I asked him several questions about it and what kind of custom exhaust it had and he didn't know(couldn't even tell me if it was turboback or catback). I plan on doing a cobb stage 2 so I would be happy with a full turboback. The things it has on that I don't like are: injen CAI(I'll take that off immediately), has a greddy adjustable blow of valve(don't want that either), and has a apex controller(which I am unfamiliar with).

If it has a good turboback, I think I'll just by a cobb accessport and swap the CAI for cobb's sf intake and run a stage 2. I'd rather just put a stock bpv back on vs the bov that's currently on it. And the apex controller....is this worth keeping???

Any thoughts?? Alls I want is a cobb stage 2 tune and I'm completely satisfied. How would y'all go about doing that with the current setup of this car??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2010, 02:28 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Make the dealer put it back to stock and then buy it. No telling how the car was treated before hand with those mods on it. I would stay away from it, but thats just me.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 08-02-2010, 01:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

burtonstiguy is an unknown
i would make the dealer return everything to stock but keep the controller. its a good mod and if you ever want to change the boost its simple.
#4 Old 08-02-2010, 09:47 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonstiguy View Post
i would make the dealer return everything to stock but keep the controller. its a good mod and if you ever want to change the boost its simple.
It's not a good mod

Ask the dealer to pay to take it to a reputable tuning shop that can tell both of you what's actually under the hood. If the dealer says "I don't know", he's either a) an idiot b) hiding something c) lazy

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD