05 sti 450 engine hp - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2016, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Aviroby is an unknown
05 sti 450 engine hp

I have had my 05 sti for about a year, it's completely stock except for a front mount intercooler. While I still enjoy the stock horsepower I'm getting ready to improve it. I'm not wanting anything to crazy, only about 450 engine horsepower. Which puts it at about 360 awhp.

I have looked around different threads for a couple weeks and can't seem to find the same thing that I want to do, everyone wants 450 awhp, Not just engine hp.

So my question for you guys is what are some basic things I can do to help reach my goal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2016, 03:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Ok well your first thing is to stop saying 450hp but I want 360whp. No one dyno's these motors so trying to figure out drivetrain lose is a joke. I have 409whp but don't go around saying its like 600hp.

Next where you live would be a good second so we can tell you if there is a good known tuner to contact. I have 3 in mind but I am in the northeast.

If E85 is attainable then get a protune on E85. Combine that with a full exhaust an bam you should be pretty close to your goal!

If not E85 then a really nice water/meth system then couple that with a full exhaust and Bam you should be close to your goal!

Otherwise go with a 18g turbo, turbo inlet, full exhaust, fuel pump and injectors with a protune.

STi's out of the box after a protune comes pretty darn close to what you want. You could just get a tune an see what it makes then go from there. You might find that is plenty and that's where you want to stop.

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2016, 04:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
you'll need a turbo upgrade along with the supporting mods.

TD05/06 Hybrid turbos are nice. they are a td05/18g with a td06/20g compressor wheel. rated for ~450bhp

1000CC injectors minimum if running E85 and you'll need a walbro 255 at minimum as well.

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave