Wrx Wagon Fender Flares? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2016, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Camcutter719 is an unknown
Wrx Wagon Fender Flares?

So for my 1sr car im getting a blue 2005 wrx wagon, and my plan was an invidia n1 catback system, Some wider tires and some nice rims (havent decided which), and some fender flares. I havent been able to find any that will fit my car, so I was just wondering if i should buy universal fender flares, or if there are actually flares specifically made for the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2016, 04:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
First off welcome to our forum,

Congratulations on your first car being a Subaru. It was definitely my dream car when i was young. Anyway, You should consider saving up and handling ALL of the MFG suggested maintenance. An 11 year old turbocharged car will have lots of things that need service right off the bat.

As far as swapping out fender flares you shouldn't be going so wide with wheels and tires that you need wider flares in the first place. The stockers in 05 were 205-215 and 215 is plenty wide for an 05 with stock power output. If you happen to have the 2-3k to spend on wheels and tires I would look for tires in the 215- 225 range and pickup a set of wheels that fit your desired use case. Im a huge fan of method wheels but i like hitting fire roads and dirt roads on my free time. You will most likley not need the extra strength and could get away without the extra weight.

That or gram fresh rubber and sock away the extra cash for when you have larger maintenance tasks to do like clutch, timing belt and what not.

hope that helps

Oh and dont forget to wave.

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2016, 08:37 AM

mosc is known to be trustworthy and helpful mosc is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
If you think bolting up a piece of painted plastic over fenders you've cut to look like this:

and then bolting up wheels mounted so far out they make your car handle like a school bus is cool, more power to ya.

2015 STi: Still Stock
04 STi, 04 WRX: SOLD

post #4 of 4 Old 06-04-2016, 08:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jackstand Johnny is more helpful than not
Garage
I agree with these guys. The wrx is nothing like your average tuner car like a civic or a 240sx. You need to be smart and prepare for problems because they will happen. My suggestion would be to find the weak points of your car like if it has a catted up pipe like the 02-03 wrx has and upgrade those first. You will get nothing but tickets and police harassment from a loud as catback. Without an up pipe and downpipe and a good tune, a catback is nothing but peacock feathers except instead of attracting pretty female birds, you just attract cops with hard ons.

If you plan on modifying this car, I would start with a stage 2 tune and the mods you need to support that tune. If it hasnt had the timing belt done and it has 100k miles or more, do that asap. If you want some guidance with this feel free to send me a message. I have a 2002 wrx wagon and even though Im 30 and this is my 10th or 11th car, I still went through all the sa,e things yourr about to go through. Please use a level head and caution. Be smart about your choices and practical too. Youve cbosen the wrx wagon as your first car, so I know youve got good sense.

This is great you guys are great.