Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX Priapism!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  thuddddddd 
#1 ·
This weekend I installed my Grimmspeed master cylinder brace, Kartboy short shifter, front & back bushings and a leather shifter boot. Talk about a huge difference! It's like a honeymoon stitch for your car!:D I have the matching e-brake boot but I couldn't see how to remove the handle. Anyone know enough about it to educate a crakka?

#3 ·
Got it

I owe my wife for this idea. The after market leather boot hole was extremely small and the e-brake handle wouldn't even start to go through. I didn't want to take a chance of messing up the handle by pulling and hoping it would come off clean with no damage. The wife said why don't you just put chap stick on the handle and boot and pull like hell? I said woman, that is just plain stupi, wait, that might just work. I let the boot set on the dash for about an hour to let the leather soften up and it couldn't have worked better! When I got the boot in place, I turned it inside out and cleaned what little bit of cherry chap stick off the inside of the boot and I was good to go.
[URL=http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buzbom1Buzbom/media/Boots_zpsafywkkrr.jpg.html][/URL]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.