worlds eaiest boost gauge diy pod/mount 15$$ pics - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-28-2009, 05:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

nj kiter is an unknown
worlds eaiest boost gauge diy pod/mount 15$$ pics

all you need is a little bit of balsa wood, some pve pipe, glue, and some spray paint. i am getting 2 more gauges later on, but for now i wanted a temporary mount for the boost, that looked good, and also when i do get the other gauges i will use the clock pod mount. so i used washable glue so that way their is no glue left over once i take it off. i will let the pics do the talking

yes i know the glue is a little messy but i am ok with it, any questions feel free to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-28-2009, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

nj kiter is an unknown
and just for fun

#3 Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Looks wise - I think exactly how it is right now is hideous and I wouldn't do that to my car because I just care about the way things look. Functionally - I think it's actually a really nice mounting point. If you took your time and fiberglassed a smooth mount and made it as perfect as you could, I think people might offer to buy duplicate mounts from you. I think the white glue is what's throwing me off the most. I'd probably like it a little more if you used glue that dried clear, but I know you needed to use some that would eventually just wash off. I guess all things considered, it's not too bad.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#4 Old 03-29-2009, 09:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
Oh my lol is this a joke or for real, i mean you can afford a STI but can't go for a "real" gauge pod haha you should of just used tape and taped it to the headliner of your car ha
#5 Old 03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris5369 is an unknown
I think you did a great job with what you had however you can buy a boost gauge for under $50.
Heres a great website that has tons of stuff. (They also do price matching )
02-09 Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STi Gauges & Gauge Pods, JSC Speed
#6 Old 03-29-2009, 05:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

07VTRex is an unknown
hahahaha thats the funniest thing ive ever seen! I guess on the positive side i like the look of a car that is in project mode...adds character
#7 Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
At first I thought this was a joke.......

What ever works for you I guess.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#8 Old 03-29-2009, 07:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

nj kiter is an unknown
don't worry about the looks, all i had is a pvc pipe, and some balsa. the glue is washable so once i get the two other gauges i will put the clock pod in. its a temporary solution, at least its not like the opinions i have been getting on iwsti lol.
and no duck tape dosent work very well believe me i have tried, i figured that this was better than tape.
#9 Old 03-29-2009, 07:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
HOLY SHIT. I used to get made fun of back in the day for trying to fix everything with black tape (electrical tape)...this reminds me of that....awww dude, you broke your arm!!?!? F it, wrap that bitch in black tape!!! Back to the subject, I think it looks like ass. But this is just my opinion. I would have splurged on the extra 7 bucks....

AUTO METER GAUGE WORKS: 2-1/16" SINGLE POD WRX/STI 02-06 - 20593 - DIRECT TUNING

12.7 @ 109
#10 Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I looked past it the first time, but I can't ignore it any more... somebody had to say something. What's this pic doing here? I can tell there's a snowboard and a circular saw in it, but what in the world is that thing in the middle (little question mark)? Did you throw the painted black pvc piece up in the air and take a pic of it? And what in the world is all that other stuff on the left (big question mark/arrow)? Is this a garage or a basement? I just can't tell. I'm guessing maybe it was just an accidental upload, but I can't be sure and I must know the truth!
Attached Images

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#11 Old 03-30-2009, 09:41 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj kiter View Post
don't worry about the looks, all i had is a pvc pipe, and some balsa. the glue is washable so once i get the two other gauges i will put the clock pod in. its a temporary solution, at least its not like the opinions i have been getting on iwsti lol.
and no duck tape dosent work very well believe me i have tried, i figured that this was better than tape.
i used pvc pipe for my pod too, but i took a little more time than you to construct it!!
Attached Images

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#12 Old 03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

nj kiter is an unknown
nagy i like the center how did you fill in between the pvc bondo, fiberglass?

ah man show that would be the pvc pipe hanging in the middle of the garage where i painted it. the rest of the stuff is kiteboarding/wakeboarding/snowboarding equipment
#13 Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
I used bondo-glass, it is a bondo fiberglass mix. It took a long time to get it sanded and smooth, that bondo glass is like sanding concrete.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#14 Old 03-30-2009, 03:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
I remember that. I think you had your own thread on it. You should design your own little pod for the clock as well.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#15 Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
Man that center pod is badass man, good job on that and taking your time good work!!!