Wiring diagram for stock radio? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-18-2002, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Wiring diagram for stock radio?

I have the stock in dash 6 disc changer, and I'm looking to hook up a sub to it using a line level converter. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the stock radio? They are color coded, but not in any way I can decipher. I used to install stereos for a living, and I tried the 1 ohm test, and tried using a volt meter and checking the voltage of each individual wire, but still no luck. I found the 12V constant, the ground, and the accessory turn on lead, but all the others seem to be powered (about 6.1V) all the time. This is something new for me. I haven't encountered this problem. If the door speakers had removable grilles, I would just pull them out and check continuity, but I don't have the correct tools for removing the whole door panels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-19-2002, 10:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXlabel is an unknown
try going to places like tweeters and car toys
post #3 of 3 Old 02-09-2003, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

rawrex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to rawrex
HEY DUDE. YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING BUT A PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER. JUST POP OFF THE COVER WHERE THE DOOR LOCK AND WINDOW SWITCH IS. YOU CAN USE A FLAT HEAD OR A POCKET KNIFE TO POP LOOSE THE RETAINERS AROUND THE EDGE OF THE DOOR. THEN JUST PULL STRAIGHT UO HOLDING ON TO THE OPENING WHERE THE COVER SWITCH WAS. JUST DON'T PULL ON THE METAL BRACKET WHERE THE LITTLE CUP IS. JUST PULL UP ON THE PLASTIC. IT'S EASIER TO PUT BACK ON WITH THE WINDOW DOWN TOO.